Amazen 5x8 - Dust or Pellets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cstallings

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Arkansas
I'm about to buy a AMAZEN 5x8 in hopes of getting better smoke at low temperatures.  My MES 30 doesn't like to produce much smoke below 175 or so.   I'm not sure if I should by the saw dust or pellets when ordering the AMAZEN.  What are the benefits of each?  Are the designed for specific situations?

Thanks for your help.

the pellets are the most versitile. You can use them for both hot and cold smoking. The dust is primarily cold smoking only.I have only used the pellets as of yet. I am completely satisfied with the ease of use. both for overnight hot smokes and cold smoking of cheeses.

Thanks.  Thats what I was thinking after reading the AMNS was designed for for cold smoking and only uses the dust.  I appreciate the fast response!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky