ABT trays

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badss

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
I remember seeing a site on the forum on stainless steel ABT holders or trays and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I am looking or wanting to buy a large one or a couple of smaller ones. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good size and a link or tip as to where I can purchase one preferrably using pay pal or mail order? I was thinking of maybe one that would hold like 20 or so? Thoughts. Thanks everyone!

Go to the gallery and look at my pics. Look at the one I made. Any welding shop ought to be able to make you one pretty cheap. Mine measures 12" x8" and has 35 1" holes.

Here ya go -

http://www.irondesert.com/pages.php?pageid=1

On the left click on Chile Grills. I would also recommend the jalapeno corer, it works great.

Neat stuff and a lotta recipes for ABT's there also.
150a8ba7_vbattach16680.jpg

You can find them at Gander Mountain and Bass Pro.

You an aluminum pie tin, flip it upside down and make some large holes in it to holdem..

Cabela's has three different sizes. A 21, 36 and a 48. These work great. I have two of the 21s (one in the house and one in the motorhome). I bought mine at Sportsmen's Warehouse.

Keith

I have one of the original Iron desert chile grills. I've bought a couple off brands and one of them didn't have large enough holes.

IMHO, I think a fella needs to have 2 or 3 so that no matter what size the peppers arem he'll have a good fit. Besides, a guy can never have too much cookin' stuff can he?

I agree with Tim, here's one I built out of a 1/8" piece of flat alumium with 3/4" holes. I was in a hurry to try it out and didn't finish reaming the last set of holes. I also made one with 1" holes.

awesome crew....thanks for the info.....you guys never fail to impress me...thanks again everyone! Now I just gotta figure out how to make an ABT..LOL ....Cheers!

So....what did you find worked better Smokin For life....The 3/4 inch or 1 inch holes?

I have a pie tin with 1 1/4 holes-1 with 1in-I get big peppers here
will make another with 7/8s

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky