abt Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris051873

Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
ok everyone,,heres the first time at the famous abt , these were modified using a different pepper,some long one and phew they were hot hot hot(did i say hot) with some cheeses in it with some garlic and onion powder,sure am glad my mom in law made some pasta salad to put out the fire,but they were good and a little over stuffed so we had to use some tooth pics to hold em together,,,enjoy
61a5f85c_vbattach15136.jpg

fa2eb2fc_vbattach15135.jpg

cb4cc63d_vbattach15134.jpg

Nice ABTs Chris! If you get all the seed and the white membrane out they are not hot but still great. Tell your mom-in-law that's a nice looking salad too!

GREAT lookin' chow.

I made my first ABTs today - they were good, but need to work on them though....

Being a newbie, I'll ask the dumb question . . . what's wrapped in the foil??? - an ABT? If so, what's the difference being wrapped or un-wrapped???

Good Job Chris!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...Great lookin' grub ya turned out there!...

I'm with Debi...If you'll remove all the seed and the white looking membranes, the peppers won't be anywhere NEAR as hot as those were...

The seeds and membranes are where the capsaicin (heat) are located...

Check out The Nature of Capsaicin to learn more about it!...

Steve...The only DUMB questions are the one that DON'T get asked!...
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

We're all here to answer questions and help our fellow smokers along in whatever way we can!...

That's what makes it so great here at the SMF!...We're all FAMILY!...
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Until later...

From the looks of the color..Hmm were they about 6 inches long, pointed tip? Looks like ya might have gotten ahold of some Hungarian Hots... they come in sweet, medium and hot. And by golly, hots are HOT! It's the kind of hot that hangs around too... :{)

As these peppers age, some will go red, some will not. Usually if left on the vine until tip turns orange/red, it will continue to do so after it's picked. My family has raised these for many years...it's my favorite pepper type.

Awesome for pickling either all by themselves, or as a flavor/heat provider for other veggies, most notably in my case cauliflower...YUM!

Debi and Coley's advice will go along way to taming these, or any pepper. The Hungarians are an excellent pepper for flavor <AKA "yellow" pepper> but only way to tell which type ya have is eat one...heh. If you do find some of the sweet variety, there would be no need to clean 'em out. Actually, as you become more experienced with the breed, you can smell the difference fairly accurately.

"The Mad Hunky"

I always show my wife the Q views, and she fell in love with the Pasta salad. Go figure, that's why I'm the master of the smoker. Nice looking ABT's, (that is some nice looking salad, but don't ever tell my wife I said that).

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
thanks everyone....to answer some questions,,the foiled ones were abt's (but i ran out of bacon) so just tried something to hold them together,,they were really hot,,phew,,wow they were hot,,,lol,,,,and as far as the pasta salad,,i will show the mom in law the comments and she will get a big head ,,i mean be really happy over the comments,,,as far as the peppers ,my wife uses these for hot pop corn,,,,,ever heard of such a thing??? what she does is de-seed(is that a word) the pepper,,slice it up and fries it in veggy oil,,,,she then uses the oil to make popcorn and throws a few pepper rings in with it,,,,,WARNING...this is really powerful in the house....lol,,,thanks for all the comments and SMF is a great site !!

chris
smile.gif

WOW Corley! I didn't know you could die from eatting hot peppers! I though Iwould the next day a few times but .. err ... that's another storey!

Chris - when your wife fries the peppers the oil absorbs the heat?

yes she slowly fries the oil just until the peppers just start to turn in color,,,she uses all kinds,,like habenera and jalapenos too,,,let me know if any further questions

and just for the side note...i felt like i was going to die,,,lol

chris if you have access to deer meat they are also great i posted a recipe useing it. but your look very delicious think im gonna make some this week end thanks for the qview now i have to clean my computer off now full of drool

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky