A Seared Smothered Prime Sirloin short story by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
An HEB Prime Sirloin sectioned - Part A went into the freezer
IMG_1849.JPG

Part B got some Kosher salt and was allowed to rest on the counter for 1-hour.
Part B side A
IMG_1850.jpg

Part B side B
IMG_1851.JPG

Then a sprinkle of granulated garlic and freshly ground black pepper and into the Natfer Bourgeat 10-1/4 pan for a sear
Side A seared
IMG_1852.JPG

Side B seared, then flame lowered and 1/3 stick of unsalted Land-O-Lakes butter added to pan to finish cooking
IMG_1853.JPG

And, the doneness test - total perfection in my humble opinion
IMG_1854.JPG

Then, smothered with the caramelized onions I cooked prior to cooking the steak
IMG_1855.jpg

The End
IMG_1856.jpg

Man that was good!

Last edited:
Looks great! I might have to eat lunch early now.
Only thing missing, for me anyway, is sautéed 'shrooms.
For my entire life I have loved mushrooms, but lately...

I think the meds the doctors have me on have been detrimental to my taste buds.

• Wow
Reactions: 02ebz06
Absolutely gorgeous....as usual. Perfect cook on that piece of meat and of course, I'm loving those onions. Doing those is a huge favorite of mine. Did an onion smothered steak Saturday I might just have to post up shortly :emoji_wink: Originally I had not planned to post it but after seeing this...well, maybe my thought process is changing.

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
Absolutely gorgeous....as usual. Perfect cook on that piece of meat and of course, I'm loving those onions. Doing those is a huge favorite of mine. Did an onion smothered steak Saturday I might just have to post up shortly :emoji_wink: Originally I had not planned to post it but after seeing this...well, maybe my thought process is changing.

Robert
Thank you Sir Robert!

It was/is just too danged hot to cook outdoors.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky