Grandma's Sunday Pot Roast (no potatoes) by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
I got the urge so off to HEB I went, yesterday, and I picked up 2 prime chuck roasts...
IMG_1928.jpg

Sprinkled both with with McCormick's Italian seasoning and browned them real nice in a hot cast iron Dutch oven - have to brown them good!
IMG_1929.jpg

Then placed them side by side (the one closest is a little flopped over) on top of a layer of sliced yellow onions and baby carrots, 1-cup of Chianti Classico (and I drank at glass while preparing this at 5:00 AM and WOW :emoji_laughing: ) and filled in the spaces all around the chuck with mushrooms, more baby carrots (I love how the carrots come out in a pot roast), 3-bay leaves and 6 or so browned crushed cloves of garlic - and let it all cook for 8-hours...
IMG_1934.JPG

And, the final product, thickened with corn starch and added some kitchen boquet and kosher salt and fresh ground pepper... This is after I ate a very large bowl full - there is still a lot of meat underneath it all!
IMG_1956.JPG

I just finished a huge bowl full with a chunk of buttered baguette and, another glass of Chianti!

I feel like I've traveled back in time and I am at grandma's house - and I need the couch!

:emoji_sunglasses:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky