A Chicken Story

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
So a few days ago I fired up the Weber with a half chimney of coals in the SnS and threw on a split yardbird and foil wrapped yam, after 40 years it's just about on auto pilot.
DSCN1690.JPG

Plated up with some mac & cheese and zukes and onions for dinner #1
DSCN1691.JPG

The next night with the leftover M&C and some slaw
DSCN1692.JPG

Last night in a effort to get my moneys worth I fried up a little of my maple bacon
DSCN1694.JPG

After splitting a homemade burger bun I slathered on some Best Foods mayo and some sliced chicken breast to one side, bacon on the other
DSCN1695.JPG

Some iceburg and sliced tomato made a wonderful chickenhouse sanny to go with some slaw and tater salad.
DSCN1697.JPG

For 79¢ a pound that was about all I could have hoped to get for four and a half bucks, and everything was pretty darned yummy. Y'all stay safe and have a nice Easter at home, and thanks for looking. RAY

Man that all looks so good, nice job Ray! Especially for the price. I'd be happy eating any one of those plates.

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky