A Busy day! Please Read.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
that was funny bout your wife slipping up on you,sunday when i stepped out on the back deck to take my q-view pics,when i came back in my wife said what was that flash?did you just take a picture of the grill??? when i explained about the q-view and how the board worked and you could see that deer in the headlights look on her face
eek.gif
she just didn't understand!! i really enjoy this board alot i also belong to several other boards and have for awhile,but to be honest haven't been on them in months,this is the one that seems to be most active and with great people and advice,every time i post a thread i can't wait to see the answers.ya'll have done a great job as far as running this board two thumbs up!!!

Can't add much to what's already been said about the value of this site but just wanted to say that I'm not a forum or clubby kinda guy. I don't belong to any lodges or clubs just because of the politics that always crops up. I logged on here originally when looking for some info on smoking and lurked for quite a while before posting. I really do enjoy my time I spend here and doubt that enjoyment could be repeated elsewhere. I hope the present rules and standards continue to be upheld and my thanx go out to all who make it possible.

Ron50, I've got your back, and you've got my support and appreciation. Thanks to Jeff and all the mods for keeping things on the up and up.

Ditto Seboke, LOL Wife is the same way.. Ron50 and Jeff thanks and we are backing ya... This is the PREMIER/BEST BBQ site....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm not big on words but I really appreciate this place. The help everyone is willing to share with anyone anytime. Keep it up.

What they said. Especially the parts about slacking on duties and taking pics of the smoker. My 19 year old nephew especially thinks the q-view part is funny. They just don't understand, but they sure do like eating the food!

Thanks to Jeff and all the others that keep this a great place!

AND... if I may... I would challenge everyone that has bragged on this place to consider becoming a premier member if you aren't already. Saying "thanks" is nice but it doesn't pay the bills. Think of how much knowledge and enjoyment you get from this site and then compare that to what else $15 dollars will buy. Dinner and a movie... No way. Plus, when you drop coin on a night like that, the money is gone when the evening is over. Money spent here lasts a whole year. Just something to think about. That's all.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...t=15545&page=3

I guess ignorance really is bliss, cause I'm happy as hell, sitting here unaware of all these goings on. But here is where I'm sitting.

the short while i have been here at this site i have learned more than can be imagined. and havemade friends with other members, like sumo said about the camraderie and the bond of a simalar interest. it goes way deeper than that. we have concerns over other members when family members are ill, or our friends in the mid central states like iowa are fighting the battle of the flooding rite now. it is more of an extended family which i am proud to be part of. i have looked at a cuple other sites but wouldnt even consider signing up. even if there was a site close to equal this one i dont know where i find the time for another. would have to give up smokin and we all know that not an option. people think i crazy when i take pix of smoker-if only they seen my album in photobucket!!! i also got the premier membership just because of the amount i was taking from site in knowlege more than outweighed that contribution. and as far as i concerned, the new friends i have made-priceless. i really didnt see this coming, maybe i missed something. i do hope that the posts they did make when members here are kept as there is much for us to benefit. i think that jeff and the mods are doing a great job with this site and hope they keep up the good work!!!! thks to the forum and the members who make it rock!!!

Without sounding tired, I too want to echo the sentiments of Sumo, Erain, Capt and everyone else. I think I've mentioned before how fortunate I feel to have found this site and been able to share my passion. Especially being a woman, it's hard to find peers in Southern California that share the passion that I do. So coming to SMF and meeting Laurel, CowGirl, BBQ Goddess, and all the others...it's like finally coming home. And the icky boys aren't too bad either...well except for the cootie thing...
wink.gif
jk
I just really appreciate everyone here and feel fortunate to have met so many incredible people with so much knowledge and passion.

KC

I just want to thank Jeff and everyone here again for this terrific forum.Being new here and to my new hobby ( quickly becoming obsession )Every has made me very welcome.This is also my first forum.In these busy times,I only have so much available.There is so much info I couldnt possibly get though It all.I cant express my support and appreciation.Its too bad some people have to expliot it for they're own personnal agendas.Again thanks to all !!!!!

Holy cow! Take a few days for vacation and see what happens. My two cents to follow......had a smoker for two years didnt know how to use. Googled "smoking meat" to figure out what to do with this contraption. For 8 or 9 months now I have made an honest attempt to hit this site every day. Not necessarily for info but to see what everyone is up to. I cant tell you (without looking of course) how many times I have said "I Love This Place!!". I am not a member of any other bbq forum nor will I be. All the info and answers to any question are right here. Thank you to Jeff and everyone here! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

This site has been a blessing to me. On the occasion the old lady still rolls her eyes but in general she is right next to me saying did you get a picture of the food. I am going to let my guard down a lillte here and say that this sight and smokin meat has made me a better person because I now spend more time in the backyard smokin than I do in the corner bar getting in trouble and for that I say thank you Jeff for creating this forum and everyone who has helped me out with my smokin. My heart and soul belong to this forum. OK I am done.

Me too KC!
I'm glad to see other females who love to smoke as much as I do....
I was starting to feel all alone.....
icon_sad.gif

Heck, I don't even mind the guys, they have been good about putting up with me.
biggrin.gif

I've only been around for about a month, but I have learned so much... I even had tons of help in the purchase of my Big Block, which I truly appreciate. I design and host a few websites in my "spare time" and really appreciate the fine job that is done here. Many thanks to everyone for everything, especially to the moderators of the forums.

SMF - I'm glad I found ya!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky