A BBQ charity and our collective passion for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Backyard Bubba

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 16, 2019
Lady's Island, SC
Good evening, fellow BBQ enthusiasts. I have been a member for some 5 years now. The knowledge I have gleaned from all who engage this site has been invaluable and deeply appreciated. My thanks to Jeff and his entire team for making this site “happen”.

All of you have helped nurture my passion to cook and serve great BBQ well beyond my family, friends and neighbors who have (hopefully affectionately!) dubbed me “Backyard Bubba”, the BBQ guy. It was more than time to give back .....

So, 3 years ago I founded a 501.c.3 charity called BBQ4Vets (EIN 83-4043801). You can read our story and learn about our mission @ www.bbq4vets.org. Our Charity’s motto is “The duty to serve is now ours™”.

Since inception, we have served some 4,000 Veterans using proprietary-design CMU offset smokers in my backyard with the selfless help of volunteers from our neighborhood BBQ Club. Donors come from all walks of life in our community. It is the most rewarding and fulfilling experience of my life.

Based on feedback at our monthly BBQ fundraising events, competitions we attend, BBQ-related events, volunteers, donors and most important the Veteran’s we serve we have been asked to expand our charitable effort and reach more Veterans throughout the country.

Confident in our proven mission fulfillment model, over the next 3 years we have a goal to open 250 Chapters and serve 75,000 Veterans per year throughout the country. All Chapters will be licensed to operate under the umbrella of our 501.c.3 designation in their respective State and will follow our proven mission fulfillment model.

To achieve that goal, we need Chapter Captains - BBQ Enthusiasts just like you - who both believe in our mission, but also have a desire to monetize their passion for BBQ in support of our mission. You will be compensated for your efforts and Pitmaster expertise and experience.

As a Chapter Captain Licensee, you will be in charge of building and operating your local BBQ4Vets Chapter (essentially your own BBQ business in support of our charitable mission). It requires no more than 3-5 hours per week of your time. Serving as a Chapter Captain will also help you establish your own BBQ brand or further promote one you may already have.

Please visit our website www.bbq4vets.org to learn more about how you can get involved as either a Chapter Captain, donor or volunteer. If you bring your passion, we will ensure your success as a Chapter Captain.

Please drop us an email, visit our forum and give us some feedback ..... we are excited to hear from you and look forward to expanding our mission.

Thanks again to all of you who, on a daily basis, inspire us all to continue upon this wonderfully endless and remarkably rewarding BBQ continuum.

Michael T. (a.k.a. “BackYard Bubba”)
Founder and Director, BBQ4Vets (a 501.c.3 designated charity)
[email protected]

Wow....extremely well written and you certainly have my attention. My job does not require a lot of my time and I'm blessed to have a nice arsenal of cooking equipment at my disposal. My father was a vet, both of my daughters are in the Navy, and my grandfather was on the USS Missouri in WW II. This is something I'm going to give some serious consideration to but need to chat it over with my wife.

Robert

P.S. One of my best friends also lives in Montgomery. He's a member of the forum and big into cooking so you may want to give him a shout. He's known here as @woodwindricky

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky