55 gallons about complete!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lagogarda

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Huntsvegas
biggrin.gif
Still a little work to do but finally getting close to smokin' with 55 gallons of pure de Stainless.
icon_eek.gif

wish I wrote everything down.
icon_confused.gif

Going to try the fire pan from a brinkman Gourmet Cooker.

looks real nice! i bet it will work fine. I am concerned about those spindly chicken legs that ya got the rig on though! I would set it down on some cement blocks, or make a better base. Add another 25 lbs of food to the weight and it may just topple over.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

That looks like a nice piece with a TON of capacity. I like the three thermometers--good thinking. It will be interesting to see if your drum holds temperature as well as the folks that do not have the side door. I definitely see the attraction in the side door but I wonder what the performance cost will be.

yup looks good,I don't care for the legs also-not just spindley but don't go with it-kinda like a knitted sweater on a rottie.

Looks pretty cool. I do have a question though. It looks like that's the water pan in the bottom because it has foil in it.

If that is the case, where is the charcoal pan?

I could be wrong and if so, sorry. But, I'm just trying to figure out where the water pan and the charcoal pan are.

Thanks..
The fire pan and water pan are just laying in the bottom in those pics and the thermos were close to zero..that why I quit working on it.
Haven't come up with what to sit it on yet...had it sitting on the table just to get it up to make it easier for my old self to work on...as far as the "side door"...I have rectangle grids also that fit it (actually made the grill first..this is really a conversion) so I can lay it horizontal and use it as a grill or turn it vert and use as a smoker.

Will do
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Still need to go into the sides in a couple places with some piping and valves to try to control the air flow to the fire. Actually using this one as my model..may turn it back to horizontal and use my other barrel for this project but do plan to cook at least once on this as a smoker. The current one first was just used as a grill.

i like the table you have it mounted on looks pleny strong to me water pan looks to close to heat pan .
i like stainless last a life time make all my cooken stuff out of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky