4th of July Sin City Smoke-Out! (dial-up death)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

talleymonster

Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada
I haven't got to really take a whole day to devote to just smoking and kicking back. 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and we just got settled into a new house and I've been dying to smoke. So here we are. I've got everything ready to go, along with a couple of beers and a couple of cigars.

I'm smoking on my Brinkmann Gourmet ECB with lump charcoal and hickory chunks soaked in apple juice and water.

SMOKING
  • 2 racks of baby back ribs
  • 4 ears of corn
  • 2 potatoes
  • Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans
GRILLING
  • Carne Asada
  • Sourdough Bread

Slathered in Mustard and dusted with Weber Sweet & Tangy BBQ rub. When I first got into smoking and I saw all the recipes called for mustard I was horrified. I like mustard just as much as the next guy, but on ribs?!? Well I tried it and I have never looked back! Also, this is the first time that I have removed the membranes from the backside of the ribs. Will be using the 2-2-1 method.

Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans. I omitted the dry mustard and the jalapeños as I truly have the heat tolerance of 4 year old. Taco Bell mild sauce is as warm as I go.

Carne Asada marinating. This will be for munching on with nachos and such while we wait for the real food.

Corn slathered in butter and salt and pepper

I will keep the pics coming as the food progresses.

What an awesome way to spend your 4th of July! Looks like you had quite the successful smoke, the variety of stuff you did made my mouth water. Great job, and hope you have another day to work on your ecb, soon!
biggrin.gif

Nice menu. Everything looks great
icon_smile.gif
. It nice to have a day to yourself. As busy as you are getting the meal together its still kinda relaxing
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Nacho Buffet line

Foil is off, I might pull them in about 45 minutes, they're looking pretty close as it is....When i pull them I'll tent them with foil while the other foods catch up...

They've got a nice bark on them right now. Now I'm mopping them every 15-20 minutes with a BBQ sauce/apple juice mixture.

Dinner is served!

The ribs are falling off of the bone a little more than I prefer, but man are they good! I'm hoping for some leftovers tomorrow, but I dunno.....

Looks great, see you added some cheladas to chase it with.

Very very nice!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That's choice, good job. If it tastes half as good as the Qview, it must be good. I'm inspired to start posting a Qview of mine. That was a great idea tieing the corn with part of the husk. I will use that next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky