3 loins = Bacon, 1 Maple, 2 Reg. ready for the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Watching as well! I can see the sandwich now... 3 layers of bacon, an egg and hashbrowns, 3 more slices of back bacon... and now I'm hungry for a David's happy meal sandwich! :emoji_blush:
What else shall we add?

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Watching as well! I can see the sandwich now... 3 layers of bacon, an egg and hashbrowns, 3 more slices of back bacon... and now I'm hungry for a David's happy meal sandwich! :emoji_blush:
What else shall we add?

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Now that sounds like a great sandwich, lol
I will see what I can do,
you forgot the cheese :emoji_yum::emoji_yum::emoji_sunglasses:

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I am in for the finish.
The dark colour on the maple one looks divine.

Thanks for the Love and the comment

Yes all 3 have nice colour when they were finished , but the maple one the colour and the smell,
I can't wait until later today for the slicing and eating, I mean vac packing.

DSC_8072.JPG

David

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brokenhandle
So yesterday , they went in the smoker for half hour with just some smoke and temp around 170 deg.

I hung them this time for no special reason, just instead of on the rack

DSC_8048.JPG DSC_8049.JPG

working in the shop and yard all day so I kept an eye or two on them , had the temp dialed in at 200 pretty good

DSC_8058.JPG DSC_8053.JPG
Then at 200 +/- for 4 hours with Black Cherry chunks and Hickory
And 45 minutes at 225deg. just to bring up to IT of 146*

pulled out and let cool
wrapped in cling wrap and rest in fridge for a day until slicing later today and a big sandwich for Ryan Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ,
The smell and colour ...... nice,

DSC_8070.JPG DSC_8071.JPG

DSC_8072.JPG DSC_8073.JPG

Will slice later today. First, still always some yardwork and a dip or two in the lake

Thanks for following along with me on this

David

Attachments

• DSC_8056.JPG
    DSC_8056.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 11
Oh man David, you've got it going on buddy. That's gonna be some really good stuff buddy. Can't wait to see the finished product(s). When it's all done just let me know and I'll send you my address :emoji_wink: One wooden barrel coming over Niagara Falls with a half-naked Canadian riding inside :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sorry guys, life got in the way, i did slice and package these up yesterday. Just could not get on to post.

So here it is all sliced up and packaged, The Maple flavour did go into the loin ( 1/8" )strong, soaked up the maple nicely, and faintly in deeper. But when eating it you really do get the maple and more so when fried. So that will be my way for Maple Back Bacon.

The other 2 loins came out very nice also , not too salty and just how I like the sweetness.

DSC_8087.JPG DSC_8089.JPG DSC_8090.JPG DSC_8091.JPG

It sliced up very nice , I just spin the loins once in a while so I don't get the tail flap, lol. And the slices stay more uniform.

DSC_8092.JPG DSC_8093.JPG

Not counting what I/we ate, and you will see my little sandwich later down below. I got 8 packs of the Maple, and 17 packs of the reg.

DSC_8094.JPG DSC_8095.JPG
DSC_8096.JPG

You will notice my counting does not match the picture. Well thank Mona , she is already passing it out. Her sister came over and left with some goodies and some of my preserves also. God love family......

so I am on the hunt for some sales on more loins or maybe even something to make some BuckBoard Bacon, that should be next.

David

They look fantastic David!
Ppppsssstttt....
Ppppsssstttt....
Is it later yet?? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

It is later now Ryan , sorry for the delay, was at the shipper trying to figure out how to send the sandwich's your way.
They said bring in for weighting and they would wrap and weight. They said no charge to ship. Went out to truck to get ID and address
and when I came back in they both had egg on their face..... hummmmmmm. I think you are not getting any sandwiches from north of the border.

But here is what you missed,
Buttered toasted English muffin, 8/9 slices of maple BB, slices of fried red onion, 1 large fried egg, 2 slices of cheddar, lettuce and tomato

DSC_8102.JPG DSC_8103.JPG DSC_8104.JPG DSC_8105.JPG

DSC_8106.JPG

This pic is for Robert tx smoker tx smoker

DSC_8107.JPG

DSC_8111.JPG DSC_8110.JPG
Inside look for Robert tx smoker tx smoker

DSC_8113.JPG

So there you have it Ryan , or sorry you don't have it . You would not like it anyway I forgot the hashbrowns like in your list for the sandwich. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_laughing:

But it was right some good.

David

Ok so now you have done it, mouthwatering for some Canadian Bacon. Been awhile since I've made any.

Warren

Thanks warren for the comment

Final pictures are in , so that should help you make up your mind about how soon you will be making yours, lol

It was very good, and now before it is all gone I think Buck Board sall be made.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky