3 Great Weber Deals...3 Days.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triggerfingers

Original poster
May 19, 2017
So I just had to share about the 3 great Weber deals I've managed to score....in the past 3 days!

Friday- If you saw the thread in the Charcoal Smoker section, I scored a 2013 18" WSM (no cover) on Craigslist for $80. It was a deal I thought wasn't going to happen, but the lady was desperate to get rid of it and lowered the price because of some surface coal grate rust, a bent fire door, and a broken latch. $80? DEAL! I decided to just upgrade to a SS Cajun Bandit door with the compression latch. Cleaned all the grates yesterday, and even the rusty fire grate looks nice! The smoker itself is flawless with no dings, external rust, and all the sections fit perfectly! Just got an email today that the door/latch are on their way!

Saturday- So riding high on my WSM score, I browsed Craigslist late in the day and saw an ad for a Weber 22" Kettle for $20. It was 10 minutes away so I decided to drive over take a look. Man! It was a black "G" Code (1985) One-touch that had no rust or dings. It was dusty for sure, the wooden handles are starting to come off, and it needs a little cleaning, but everything fit perfectly and was in better shape than my 1997 Weber 22" that was a "gift" from the in-laws. I gladly handed over the $20 and took it home!

Sunday- Could my weekend get any better? Back on Craigslist Sunday afternoon I find...of all things....a newer model Weber Ranch! Now let me say, I don't NEED one of these. I don't think most people "need" one, and could get by using two 22"s at once, but I cook enough and can find at least 8-10 opportunities per year to justify owning such a device

The ad said it was only used a few times and stored in a barn and for the exorbitant price of...$300!
yahoo.gif

Texted and emailed on it with no response. Decided to call. Gentleman I spoke with was a caterer and told me it was a gift to him which he has never really used. He simply uses other grills for his business, so this one has to go. The reason he wanted to deal with me? Because of the local area of code of my phone number!! He told me he had been getting calls all day from across the state and because I was local (I'm not really local anymore) and could pick it up in a few hours, he would sell it to me. He sent me some pics....everything looked great! Clean as hell! I'm not so local anymore like I said, so I made a phone call. I had a proxy drive over pick it up for me, kindly fronting the money. So how much just did it cost me? Not $300. But, in true BBQ fashion, I traded a piece of "bolt-action hunting equipment" that I was happy to let go of and the other person was more than happy to receive. My trading partner is even going to power wash it and deliver it to me as a part of our deal. Everyone, even my wife, was more than thrilled with the swap. Everyone wins!

Now that the dust has settled, I just need to stock up on some charcoal.

3 Weber's in 3 Days.....I think I am done for a while!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Now THAT is a weekend! I have dreams about a Weber Ranch.
Yeah I am pretty pumped!

But....wait...are you ready for you mind to be blown? I see from your tag you live in Roseville, CA?

I live in Roseville! I'm off of Highway 65/Pleasant Grove North toward Rocklin.

The guy I bought the kettle from on Saturday was off of Foothill Blvd.

We are indeed living in a small world!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky