2nd go around with BB!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wrigley

Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
hello,

Tonite I smoked 3 racks of BB for the second time ever and they came out dry. I have a bullet type charcoal smoker that I got at Lowes. I used RO charcoal and my temps stayed between 200 and 225 the entire smoke. I did the 2-2-1 method.

I tried a new rub....Lawry's  Basil, Citrus, and Garlic. The meat was very tasty with a nice smoke ring, but the meat was dry. I used a liquid pan with water and apple juice.

Sorry......no pictures. Any suggestions?

Thank and Merry X-mas to all!

Mike

Great questions, either no liquid in the foiling or too high head is all I say it could be...
icon_eek.gif

I added the racks of ribs to two separate aluminum pans and added apple juice to the pans and covered them.

Mike 

Yes.....the thermometer on the unit cover. It's all I have ever used and this is the first time I have had this problem. Based on previous smokes, using the same amount of RO, my temps this smoke were identical to previous smokes. (mostly chicken)

Thanks

Mike 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky