2017 Smokers Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm interested but i will have to say maybe at the moment as we are working two team members down at the moment (I'm the team leader)  and its on the insane side of batshit crazy...  As things stand i have no idea whether i'll be free or not.

Gutted!!!

Last year (our first) was such a phenomenal weekend!

Not just the weather, the amazing campsite and the company.... but personally, I learnt so much by chatting to others about smoking.

This wasn't just talking to the 'experts' but talking to everyone, as all experience (good AND bad!) is always a great thing, as you can learn from other peoples issues.

Can't make this year, I have some heave work stints around that time.
icon_cry.gif

Anyone who is thinking if they should go or not... JUST GO.

Hi Tumpy. Do you want to cook it yourself or assist with one being cooked?

I've had a shift change and am off on the Saturday although daughter's in Kent and wife is working, so might be able to pop along al on my own on the Saturday ....., would I need to bring anything ?

Hi Martyn, would be great to see you. All depends on what time you are arriving, might be too late to Low and Slow cook something, so turn up and enjoy!

On the way back down to Kent following the smoking weekend and what a fab weekend it was, brilliant to see so many smokers on the go and chatting to people with more experience of smoking than myself as a beginner and of course the amazing feast yesterday evening!

So glad I came along and will definitely be back next year!

I'll sort out and upload photos when I'm home and get a minute

Thanks to all involved with the organisation and participation of the weekend! [emoji]9786[/emoji]

Great to see you at the Weekend meet. Glad you enjoyed the experience and gained some knowledge.

Can't wait to see the photos!

Great weekend again thanks Steve & wade for all the time and effort you put into it . Bob thourghly enjoyed it and went away with a wealth of information
Once again thanks again

Thanks for that Steve, but with out you Guys, it would be Just Wade and me sat in a field.

Can't wait for next year, bigger and better!!!!

Finally picked out the best of my photos which I think show just how much went on during the weekend and showcases the amazing food!!  Well done everyone it was brilliant!!

For anyone that was worried, the pulled pork came home with me and was enjoyed last night!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: wade
Great photos Scott, 
points.gif

Did you manage to get any of the hoards while the food was being eaten too? We had a good turn out of members and family but also a great response from the camp site who could not resist the lure of free food...

Unfortunately i didn't get any of the horde, I was too concerned with trying all the amazing food (and enjoying the slight glow of an afternoon of cider drinking), next year I will endeavour to do better at that point of the proceedings....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky