2 briskets/2 different smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gadgetman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 19, 2024
One on a pellet,one from an offset stick burner.
Which came from what,guesses?

Attachments

• 20221030_082609.jpg
    20221030_082609.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211129_003408.jpg
    20211129_003408.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 42
Looks like one on left had more light when picture was taken.
Flipped a coin and it came up pellet smoker on left.

I'm gonna guess the one on the left is the pellet

Chris

I'm going right as the offset also. Just because I see a bit more of a defined smoke ring. Both look very good to me though and would love a plate, Haha!!

My bad on the lighting, wasn't intentional. We're taken different times of the day,less lights on.
The Left was the offset at 250 to 185 then wrapped. The right on the pellet at 225 to 165 before wrap,with a tube. I like smoke.
I've seen a lot of misinformation on FB about pellet grills. Both will work,they're just different. But, not all pellet grills are equal. Mine does smoke.
My personal preference to eat, of course the offset. Juicier and better flavor. But, very close. My preference for cooking, the pellet by a lot. Even though my offset has a controller and a fan I save it for special occasions, or if I have the time to play with my hobby. Either way it's all good.

Bhaa! I read to far before I posted.
I would've chose the second or right as pellet. The bark looks dryer from the forced air.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky