1st Bird In Awhile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
Been two years since I last used my KJ and now it's time for some barnyard foul.
1000012888.jpg

Now for an Arturo Fuente and some Makers Mark.

Nice ! I bought 2 whole birds today . One went to the freezer , the other goes in Pop's brine tomorrow for a Sunday spinner .
That's gonna be good . Watching for some finished pics .

I haven't had a cigar in awhile . I've got some good ones in the box .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
We love rotisserie birds here and that looks really good! The asparagus over the coals also had to be great! By the way, there's no such thing as an ugly plate!

I'm an Oliva and Crown guy, but Arturo and Maker's would go just as well for me!

Nice work!

Reactions: mr mac
Nothing wrong with a spun bird. Good looking plate to me, you can keep your green sticks though and chuck on an extra drum or wing, :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Whats your rub and or wood for smoke ? Or is it charcoal.

David

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Nothing wrong with a spun bird. Good looking plate to me, you can keep your green sticks though and chuck on an extra drum or wing, :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Whats your rub and or wood for smoke ? Or is it charcoal.

David
I did go back for the other wing. 😁

Jealous Devil lump charcoal with some cherry chunks mixed in.

The rub, oddly enough, is Weber's Veggie Grill. A few years back, my daughter was helping me with dinner and misunderstood the instructions and put this rub on the zucchini spears and the chicken. It was so good that it became our go to rub for chicken.
1000012908.jpg

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks really good! And no ugly plates for this farm boy!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky