12 hours of Bliss...'cuz I can w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sask attak

Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
A while back I found two sweet racks of side-ribs at walmart of all place...just went into see how the compete in the meat dept and this is what I came out with two great cuts.

Well on Thursday I decided they where in the freezer long enough and it was time to smoke them. I did each rack with a completely different rubs and mops sauce, I also did each rack separatly in my Weber Genesis, making a boring Saturday into a full shift of smoking
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
. And with my garage only a few steps away I decided great time to tear down the 650R dirtbike as well.

As always I have some photos from last night...

Racks each have their own flavour underneath the rub. The one on the left (A) uses an East Indian sauce that has a slow building bite...I added soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and raspberry juice to it. The one on the right (B) has basil herb paste, honey, apple juice, butter and garlic.

Rack A (below) has a rub of chili powder, paprika, montreal chicken, dry dill, onion powder, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper

Rack B has a rub of mild curry powder, Mrs. Dash, Clubhouse Vegetable seasoning, brown sugar, cracked pepper and onion powder and garlic powder.

Rack B completed and cut up....the cuts are from today, I was too excited to grab and tear, I forgot to Qview last night lol..mop sauce was butter, apple chunks (pounded in my 20lbs granite mortar n pestal), apple juice, sea salt, chopped onion, honey, chicken bullion.

Rack A complete at 10:30 last night...mop sauce was fresh garlic, can of Coke, butter, Maggie seasoning, soy sauce and fresh squeezed lime

I have to say I really enjoyed watching over the Q for that amount of time. I think I am ready to take on a brisket. But I am going to wait until my b'day gif arrives in a few weeks...the wife told me my gift was any smoker under $500 (dang, no traeger this year lol) so I am ordering the 22" WSM!!!

Please send ribs. *STOP* Need to inspect smoke ring. *STOP* Send as soon as possible. *STOP*

Thanks guys.

Decided next weekend will be my first turkey. I have done lots of ribs and roasts, time to try something new I figure.

And far as the smoke ring..it's there, I swear. I need a new camera. Wife was ready to let me go get one until I let it slip it was for better q-view. Maybe one day she'll understand the importance of a clear, focused picture when taking a pic of your hard work...ya right LOL

Thank you. I try to stray away from using the off the shelf stuff. I am that way with everything, truck parts to dirt bike modifications, I like to walk a different path so to speak. I bought a heavy granite mortar and pestal to crush and blend my spices. Maybe one day it will turn into a business lol ya right...

Thanks! Because of Jeff's eCourse I learned all about the importance of the brine. I have done 3 chickens so far. The wife devoured that first bird so fast that she didn't even take the thigh and leg bone apart..they the were still stuck together and meatless lol.

Saturday can't come fast enough.................

PS-congrats the the Saints on their first Superbowl win!!

Now those are some good looking ribs you have there Sask. you just keep on smokin.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky