100,000th Member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just received my A-Maze-N prize pack.  Thanks again to the Smoking Meat Forums community!  Very excited to give it a go--I might even break out the grill/smoker early to get started this year!

Just received my A-Maze-N prize pack.  Thanks again to the Smoking Meat Forums community!  Very excited to give it a go--I might even break out the grill/smoker early to get started this year!
​Break it out early????????

I smoke / grill all winter here.

​Break it out early????????

I smoke / grill all winter here.
That's a good point.  I've always put it away in my garage when it's not in use, to keep it out of the elements.  Usually once snow hits, I leave it in there because other things get packed in front of it around the same time.

Do you leave yours out and covered when it snows/rains, or do you put it away and take it out when you use it?  I've always been reluctant to leave it out and under a cover, worried the legs will wind up rusting if the snow piles up.
Congrats again, and remember, we love pictures!
I'll definitely try to get some photos up when I get the grill out and use them as well.  And when I build my UDS I'll be sure to document it and post some photos.

I keep my stuff in my basement.    But I use them in the snow and rain.

Congratulations Tux,

I use mine smoker all winter also, hold it! We don't really have a winter down here.

Regardless, great prizes. Enjoy them as they really enhance your smoking experience.

Craig

It's snowing here now in Pa.

I say go for it. I cook in the nasty stuff also.

1.  You got a walk-out?
2.  How do you keep the lower level from smelling like a smokehouse?  I get enough grief about my clothes on a 4 hour burn, much less storing my grills and stick burner that I'd be hauling in and out of the house....

Basement smells great to me. Wife don't think so thou. Oh well.

Last edited:
Basement smells great to me. Wife don't think so thou. Oh well.
Good thing you changed that verbiage:  here's what hit my inbox.  Basement smells great to me. Wife not so much.

Your gear wouldn't be the only thing spending appreciable amounts of time in your basement.  
Oops.gif

laugh1.gif

Good thing you changed that verbiage:  here's what hit my inbox.  Basement smells great to me. Wife not so much.

Your gear wouldn't be the only thing spending appreciable amounts of time in your basement.   :Oops:     :laugh1:

Ha. I have my kegeraror, meat fridge, 3 freezers, smokers and my son with me down there. Wife spends her time up stairs. We good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky