Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by lostleader, Jan 10, 2013.

  1. Found the forum while looking up info on my new masterbuilt smoker. Hope to gain a lot of knowledge and share what very little I know.

    DC 33
  2. Lostleader, welcome to the forum. There are many MES users on here and I am one of them. I'm sure you will enjoy being here.

  3. Also to add I work in a jail on 12 hour night shift, so my post will normally come at odd hours and fron my phone.

    We buy very little from a store and almost no meat from a grocery store. I love to hunt but mainly venison and my family runs several custom butcher shops. We raise beef and chickens and thats where 80% of our meat comes from. The other 20% maybe more is venison with a small amout of pork mixed in. I would live off of what I could harvest from the woods if not for my wife. Thank God for a good hearted stubborn women. :)

    DC 33
  4. Should of mentioned its a gasser.
    DC 33
  5. xutfuzzy

    xutfuzzy Meat Mopper OTBS Member

    Welcome!  I, too, am an MES user, though mine is electric.  Good to see another person from Ohio!
  6. s2k9k

    s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

    [​IMG]to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

    Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

    You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

    If you have any questions about the forums or need any help navigating around don’t hesitate to ask or send me a PM, I am more than happy to help out!
  7. kathrynn

    kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

    Good Morning Lostleader!  [​IMG] to SMF!  We are glad you joined us!  My Son is a Corrections officer too...and does the 12 hour shifts.

    You will find a ton of info here and learn a lot.  Here is a link to the propane smoker area.  Any questions and the folks there will help out and give ya their 2 cents worth. 

  8. Lostleader, [​IMG]  to SMF from a fellow Buckeye. You will love it here, the information is endless!
  9. humdinger

    humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Big welcome from your neighbor to the north.

Share This Page