Your meat thermometer is also great for candymaking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 16, 2016
Sandusky, OH
Cherry Divinity. First run but recipe is a keeper. OCD in me will tweak it. It's essentially a meringue (egg whites whipped to stiff peaks) with added hot sugar mixture (brought to soft ball stage 250F). My trusty instant read made it a breeze.

20231209_204522_resized.jpg

I'm on the cherry band wagon with chopsaw chopsaw . Those look real good from here Dan, nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

One question: Are they a chewing candy or a sucking candy?

I'd be all over those . Use your jerky gun and make some stix !
Nice work bud . Love cherry anything .
You got like 2m to get it all out on the cookie sheets before it hardens so cannot imagine you can get fancy with it but admit first time making it so might be ways to do it but beyond my current skill set.
I'm on the cherry band wagon with chopsaw chopsaw . Those look real good from here Dan, nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

One question: Are they a chewing candy or a sucking candy?
Chew candy. I would call it a confection. Kinda melts in your mouth. Cross between marshmallow and nougat. Honestly, it's very different than most and the reason I like it.

Reactions: gmc2003
I've seen it in shops on a sheet pan and cut into squares . Also have had it like yours .
Now I have to find some .

Reactions: zwiller
Cherry Divinity...... I would have to be restrained from eating every one of those....... I love divinity and to add cherry to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: zwiller and chopsaw
I've seen it in shops on a sheet pan and cut into squares . Also have had it like yours .
Now I have to find some .
Nothing like that around here and matter of fact most people have no idea what it is. Wife says it's WAAAY too sweet (and it is).
Man I'll bet those are tasty!! I wonder how well sugar subs would work for that?
I would imagine but no idea. I cut out some stuff and do IF now and then/on team hangry LOL. Holiday only stuff...
Cherry Divinity...... I would have to be restrained from eating every one of those....... I love divinity and to add cherry to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's hard no lie but moderation is everything.

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
I have my Grandmother's recipe but wanted to try a more modern "no fail" approach. Like I said, I plan to tweak. First would be some vanilla I think. I like nuts in stuff but not in my divinity buy your call. You guys got the skills but this is advanced level stuff. Prep ahead undivided attention until done. For me this means no one home. My mom and wife simply do not have the skills (mostly patience) for it. It's all worth it as it's WAY better than typical homemade sweets.

https://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/jello-divinity/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky