WSM wheels?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
T his cat on crap-book had bought a "rolling plant caddy" and set his 14"WSM in it. looked pretty cool but not big enough for an 18". I got to thinking, and that's dangerous itself, of going to the orange store and buying 4 locking casters and attempting the mod. I really don't need to move mine much, as sits under my covered porch. I tried a search here for WSM rolling mod, but didn't get much in the results. Anybody got pics? A 20" rolling plant caddy is about $60, but I think I could do it for less and not make it as tipsy. Thoughts?

A 20" rolling plant caddy is about $60, but I think I could do it for less and not make it as tipsy. Thoughts?
Cajun Bandit sells a wheel / leg kit for them , but the 18" shows out of stock .
The legs are a different " profile " , and have a flat bottom on the leg for fastening the wheels .

Here's a thread on one way to DIY .

Depending on how stiff it is , a water heater drip pan might work .
You can get one in 20" for about 20 bucks .

I put the wheels right on the legs on my 14 . Problem with that is keeping the wheels plumb to the smoker . I finally got it dialed in , but at first it was less than safe or stable .

Finding or building a base is a good way to go .

Look at a furniture dolly....Harbor freight has some fairly inexpensive. I looked at them as a way to raise my kettle up a little bit.

Jim

Reactions: fxsales1959
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky