Working on some christmas cheese...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

damon555

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Middle Tennessee
Bought a 40# block of mild cheddar to smoke and give away for gifts this year....

I had to give an idea of scale and my wife wouldn't stand by it so my ugly mug will suffice.....

Cutting up was no fun but I got it done and was able to put the puzzle together so it would all fit on my WSM.....

some pitmasters choice in the AMNPS and 3 hours from now it should be ready to seal up and age for a few weeks.....

My dedicated cold smoker isn't quite ready yet so the WSM will get the nod for this smoke.

I got this cheese from an Amish place in Wisconsin and I must say....It's the best mild cheddar I have ever tasted. I can't wait to test the finished product!

Delivered to my door it worked out to $3.50 a pound....I probably could have found it cheaper but this is Amish made and is by far the best tasting cheddar cheese I've ever had.

Now that's a chunk of cheese to be reckoned with!  You're gonna make some people really happy!
smile.gif

I can't wait until it has aged to test it. I didn't bother tasting it right off of the smoker. Having tired it before fresh out of the smoke I learned my lesson.....not good at all!

The chunks are 2lbs each so whoever ends up with one should be set for a while. There was one chunk that didn't make it into the smoker....it was just to good to tie it all up for 2 weeks or better....My wife doesn't care for cheese much so I'll be set for a long time!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky