Wish I had a video of this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

macdoesit

Original poster
Jun 14, 2021
Smoked a brisket last week. Did a little different, smoked at 150 for 24 hours, then 5 hours at 225 then wrapped in foil 2 hours at 250. Now the different part. raised the heat to 400 for 30 minutes or so. slid the shelf out, took off foil, inserted a wood skewer in the side of brisket and a stream of grease, juice, shot out about 12 inches as if it were pissing, continued for a good 7 seconds. Never seen that before. Taste good and very juicy.

Well dang, That's a pretty sad story and not one I'd want to relive with video.

I think of how much juicier it would have been if it hadn't leaked that badly, if it had rested for an hour or two most of that juice would have had time to redistribute itself into the meat.

First time I too have heard of a brisket doing that, that long or that much.

But if it was still tender and juicy it's a success story.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky