What's going on with delivery companies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

02ebz06

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 1, 2012
Rio Rancho, NM
Are delivery people taking naps instead of working ?

I had a package that was "out for deliver". Next update showed it in Tolleson,AZ. Been showing there for last 3 days.
Had package from Fedex out for delivery today. Now says "operational delay" and scheduled for tomorrow.

Then there is this beauty:
Read from bottom up.

1691002316629.png

Last few packages Ive ordered from Amazon with Prime have shown up anywhere from a day to about 3 days late here recently, was just wondering the same thing this morn

I belong to a flying club. About 20 of us share a 1975 Cessna Skyhawk. Last year it needed a new (actually, rebuilt) engine, and we found one just coming out of a reputable shop in Illinois. We bought it, and enroute to NJ, UPS LOST IT! This wasn't some small package that fell behind the seat, this was very heavy palletized freight, and it required an enterprising idiot with a forklift in order to lose it.

It was located again 3 days later, and we did eventually receive it in good condition, but we're still shaking our heads over how it was possible to lose an aircraft engine.

Not lost, but I had a pizza oven shipped from Italy.
Got to customs in the mid-west somewhere, then was sent on to Albuquerque.
When it got here, they said it hadn't cleared customs, so back to the mid-west.
Crazy...

I had some stuff stolen by a UPS person.
Shipped a package to my son at Christmas time.
UPS person took out the contents, replaced with nuts and bolts, and sent it on.
Guess he/she thought it was funny.
Trying to file a claim was an absolute joke.
Never did get a refund.

Reactions: JLeonard
Are delivery people taking naps instead of working ?

I had a package that was "out for deliver". Next update showed it in Tolleson,AZ. Been showing there for last 3 days.
Had package from Fedex out for delivery today. Now says "operational delay" and scheduled for tomorrow.

Then there is this beauty:
Read from bottom up.

View attachment 672407
my charbroil rib rack made it overnight from Amazon

I'm not having any trouble with that stuff . Sometimes I get stuff the same day , if it's from Amazon .
My problem is getting my regular mail . I don't even try to ship USPS anymore . Sent a cutting board out a few years ago . St. Louis to Ohio . Ended up in Alaska . Hope they're enjoying it .

I had a small package ship from Reno, it went to San Francisco, then took a vacation to Hawaii. And it stayed there for over a month, it must have been having a great time. I did file a lost package complaint with the USPS, they were no help, saying the package was in my own town awaiting delivery - not. I got tired of waiting for it, so bought another one (inexpensive purchase to start with), it arrived promptly, followed about three days later by the Hawaii vacationer.

Wow , you guys are lucky with your Amazon purchases. Prime member and I "never" get anything prior to 5 days and we have a distribution site 97 miles from us.

I read an article yesterday about Yellow shutting down via bankruptcy. Guessing that could be a factor?

WARNING LONG POST!
Ordered my Char-Grill Grand Champ XD online from the big Orange box store. Ordered it on Friday, July 7th. They stated it would be delivered to my house on Wednesday, July 19th. Wednesday, July 12th I receive an email stating it will be delivered on Thursday, July 13th between the hours of 12 PM and 12 AM. I'm thinking cool, a week early. Kind of odd hours, but what the heck. Thursday comes and goes and I receive nothing. I get an email early Friday morning stating there was a delivery issue and they had to reschedule. The e-mail after that stated it will be delivered today, (Friday), between the hours of 8 AM - 12 PM. I clean out the garage so I can have some space to put it together. I have watched EVERY video ever made on assembling this thing. I'm betting I could have done it blindfolded. Anyway, It's like 1:30 pm and no grill yet. I check my e-mail and it states that it has already been delivered. NO FRICKING WAY!!! I've been sitting in my garage for the last 3 hours waiting for this thing to arrive. I think I would know if a delivery vehicle dropped off a 250 lb package. I call HD customer service. They give you a choice of texting them the problem or waiting on the line to explain your problem. After texting back and forth with a computer, I finally gave up and called them back to speak to a representative. (Remember this part because it comes back to haunt me later). When I was connected to a CR Rep, I explained all of the above. She states, "Let me contact someone in another department to assist me". I'm on hold for about 5 min and then another CR rep picks up and asks how can they help me? I suggested getting that first person back on the line and discuss a thing about the meaning of CUSTOMER SERVICE. She didn't inform the second rep a single thing and I had to explain it all to her again. After I finished, she would put me on hold to research the information. She comes back on and states that it was delivered. I stated is was not, she stated that she has a pic of my front door with the package by the door. I said send me the pic. After getting all the technical issues out of the way, I was able to view the pic. It was the BBQ grill cover that was delivered A WEEK AGO!!. I asked her did that package sitting by the front door look like a 250 lb BBQ grill? It was not in another package and it clearly stated GRILL COVER on the box. Since I disproved her theory that my grill was delivered, she returned to researching the problem again. Back and forth for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Then she states that they have called the third party delivery company. One of three things has happened. 1.) It was delivered to the wrong address. 2.) it is still on their truck or 3.) it is still at their warehouse. Then she stated they have no way of contacting the delivery team and they will have to wait until the end of the day to find out the status of my grill. They also have 24 - 48 hours to look for said grill before contacting me or HD back with a status. So now I'm not expecting to hear anything back until Monday/Tuesday. She was then nice enough to ask if there was anything else she could help me with. Being a smartass, I asked if she could tell me where my grill is. She again went through the whole explanation of the three possibilities and that they have 24-48 hours to respond. After asking me again can she help with anything else I decided to spare her any more comments and just say "no, thank you for your assistance" and hung up. About an hour later I get a text stating it was Customer Service from HD and could they assist with anything. I explained I just got off the phone with a CS Rep from their company and all ideas of where my grill is has been exhausted. Not good enough. They kept asking and asking. I gave them all the info again and again. Finally, after another hour texting with them back and forth, they stated it has been noted in my account that the other company has been contacted and has 24 - 48 hours to respond. NO KIDDING!!! They asked two or three more times could they be of any more service and after me answering them WHERE IS MY GRILL? they finally gave up. I thought it might show up on Saturday, no luck. Sunday morning I was up and around in the house at 0430. I walked out of my house to my garage, (its a detached garage), at 0800 to get some meat out of the freezer for breakfast. Low and behold there sat a pallet with two big boxes on it between my garage and parked car. I didn't hear a large truck backing up, or a fork truck running. Other then one flaw on the fire door, I'm pretty happy with this thing. The point to this rant was that with cell phones and all this technology, someone will know where a package is at all times. They may say they don't know...but they do.

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't even try to ship USPS anymore . Sent a cutting board out a few years ago . St. Louis to Ohio . Ended up in Alaska .
I feel your pain Chop. I had 12 packages all ready to ship out in November of 2019 as Christmas exchange gifts with forum members. Took them to the post office and that was the last anybody ever saw of them except for some USPS worker. They never got delivered and just vanished from tracking. Being one who tries to uphold his obligations to people, I had to start all over packing and shipping them. That was one very costly holiday season but FedEx got all of them there and only 1 missed being delivered by Christmas, and that only by 2 days. Have not even considered USPS since then.

Robert

I havent shipped anything via USPS in ages due to the screwups mentioned above. I'll pay more for Fedex/UPS to ship it. At least I have a tracking number and can halfway follow where its at. Wonder if USPS was privatized if it would run better.

Jim

Reactions: chopsaw
Unfortunately we don't have a choice how Amazon ships to us.
We are lucky to have at least 4 Amazon facilities within 25 miles of me...doesn't mean they are always on time.

I once was overnighted over $500,000 in checks from a customer for a large job. Never showed, so they sent it again. About a year later the Fedex guy is standing my office with a tattered overnight envelope...I knew exactly what it was...lol

Yellow Freight went belly up this week, that's going to have a massive effect on things getting shipped. UPS has gotten so expensive to use I won't even go there anymore, not sending anything to anyone. RAY

We are lucky to have at least 4 Amazon facilities within 25 miles of me...doesn't mean they are always on time.

I once was overnighted over $500,000 in checks from a customer for a large job. Never showed, so they sent it again. About a year later the Fedex guy is standing my office with a tattered overnight envelope...I knew exactly what it was...lol
I'd be changing my skivvies every 5 minutes until that was resolved.

I read an article yesterday about Yellow shutting down via bankruptcy. Guessing that could be a factor?

I work for another large trucking company and it is having a huge impact currently. And even before that, the week before the truckers were going to go on strike. When that news broke a few weeks ago our call\freight volumes skyrocketed from panicked customers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky