We have a something you couldn't live without in the kitchen thread, so what is something worthless in your kitchen?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
I own a coffee maker. I would rather drink mudpuddle water than coffee. I forgot I had one until my kitchen cabinets got ripped out. I think my daughter used it maybe twice, then decided she didn't like coffee.....

I'm tossing it lol.

2nd thing - my insta pot. I think it makes meat taste a bit odd. Great for beans, but that's about it.

Dishwasher.

Had one growing up. Mom would only use it for special occasions…(with our special china) Thanksgiving or Christmas. That’s it.

Fast forward to today. Our house came with one. Within a week of moving in, I got rid of the it and made storage space in place of it.

Banjo man out.

For me the coffee maker, don't like or drink the stuff.
But if I got rid of it, I'd be in divorce court the next day.

I own a coffee maker. I would rather drink mudpuddle water than coffee. I forgot I had one until my kitchen cabinets got ripped out. I think my daughter used it maybe twice, then decided she didn't like coffee.....

I'm tossing it lol.

2nd thing - my insta pot. I think it makes meat taste a bit odd. Great for beans, but that's about it.
Insta Pot? Wow, we love ours, but rarely make meat in it. We use it for Soups, Stews, Hard Boiled eggs, Mac & Cheese, etc.... We love how we can make Bone Broth in 2 hours rather than 2+ days on the stove...

- Jason

For me it would be our electric "Fry Daddy". Wife can't stand the smell it leaves in the house and the clean up is a pain. We keep talking about getting rid of it, but it continues to take up valuable cupboard space....

- Jason

I have a lot of cooking stuff, the answer for this is easy for me, Air Fryer. So glad I got it on a Black Friday deal with a healthy bonus from Kohls. Used I think 3 times and was far from impressed every time.

Dave

My sister gave me a mandolin-type slicer when she got one for herself. I used it a few times; while it works ok, washing it afterwards is way more work than just slicing with a knife so it's relagated to a drawer - just can't bring myself to get rid of it since it was a gift. I've found out that she threw hers away...

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
I have a lot of cooking stuff, the answer for this is easy for me, Air Fryer. So glad I got it on a Black Friday deal with a healthy bonus from Kohls. Used I think 3 times and was far from impressed every time. Dave

Same as Dave for me, had one on the counter for a few months and then gave it away. Still got a potato masher in a drawer because sometimes we just don't like that drawer to open. RAY

For me it would be our electric "Fry Daddy". Wife can't stand the smell it leaves in the house and the clean up is a pain. We keep talking about getting rid of it, but it continues to take up valuable cupboard space....

- Jason
Jason, I agree with your wife, I can't stand the smell of fry oil in the house. I love my fry daddy, but only use it outside on the back deck.

I think for me it's my air fryer. I use it occasionally and enjoy it but it's a pain in the ass to clean on many things I'd do in it. I'm a love my Instant Pot guy and own two sizes.

Reactions: chopsaw
Man me too . I also have 2 , but the same size .

I have a Ninja 6+1 , I use it all the time . Makes great wings , but just bought a new range that has an Air fry setting and a huge tray . Works great .
Nice! I thought about swapping out my over stove microwave with one that has air fryer capability.

Sometimes my wife....
She has this quirk of having 3 times too many items of something we do need.
Cupboard is loaded with excess Corelle ware. She wouldn't bring the excess south and wanted new. Can we get rid of the excess at home? NFW. I could go on and on but will stop there.

• Haha
Reactions: millerbuilds
I had a few items we didnt use, I wrapped em up and put in basement.
Then our local page, the farm I buy my meat from burnt down and the family lost the whole house. So I donated all the items to them that I was going to give to goodwill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky