Vertical pellet smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckscent

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
B'ham Alabama
does anyone make a vertical smoker that has a smoke/no smoke option? I’m going to make snack sticks and summer sausage and during the smoking process there are a couple times I don’t need smoke, just heat. Like the first hour I need 100-120 degrees and no smoke. I have a pit boss 5 series but it’s all the time smoke.

I do not have Pitboss, so may not be super helpful. However, if it is similar to my Traeger, the Smoke setting will not run that low.

Pellet smokers use the pellets for their fuel source, so there will always be some type of smoke. Again, no experience with the Pitboss so I could be missing something.

A electric smoker but you will have to look at the temp range for each 1,you just add the chips as you need them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky