Using orange peel while curing?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokeOfChoice

Original poster
Apr 19, 2024
Hello everyone, I’m brainstorming new ideas for my next bacon cure. I know I’ve read that it’s not good to use orange juice or other potent liquid citrus. Does anyone know if using orange or lemon peel would be okay?

For flavored bacons , I cook it in the oven . When it's done I've glazed with maple syrup , hot honey and a few others .

Hello everyone, I’m brainstorming new ideas for my next bacon cure. I know I’ve read that it’s not good to use orange juice or other potent liquid citrus. Does anyone know if using orange or lemon peel would be okay?
You can make this work, just add the citrus zest more to the end of curing time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky