Trying out a new rub mixture

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
I got a slab of bb on the rotisserie trying out a new rub as I cleaned out the spice drawer.
15F0D756-2DD1-4F81-A386-6C340C41C8FB.jpeg
C9BBC217-E1E8-4DF3-A365-0B69C9900867.jpeg

Hey I got pictures to work! Pats self on back.

Looks good b-one, how's the new rub taste?

Chris

How long did you spin em qnd what temp was grill ...

Last edited:
How long did you spin em nd what temp was grill ...

Not sure on the temp,my Vortex clipped the therm long ago. It was about three hours but I only started with one basket of charcoal to get a little extra smoke.

I gotta tell you that I have always wanted to try rotisserie ribs. I don't have a rotisserie, and no one I know has one. They look great! Do I see dehydrated onions in that rub?

Last edited:
I gotta tell you that I have always wanted to try rotisserie ribs. I don't have a rotisserie, and know one I know has one. They look great! Do I see dehydrated onions in that rub?

Thanks jond36, there are dehydrated onions in there they mostly fall off during a rotisserie cook unfortunately. I wanted to try the rotisserie out my goal was to stay moderately priced incase I didn’t care for it I wouldn’t be out much. I bought a used 22 Weber Performer,the Cajun bandit rotisserie ring and rotisserie and added a ribolator for the heck of it all in my cost was the price of a new Weber Performer. One of the cool things about the rotisserie is you can buy a battery powered version that will also come with an electric adapter, I use the battery option as I have no power in my garage and the batteries seem to last forever.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky