Tri tip and beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
My wife’s family is visiting from out of state. Gathering place is at our nieces home. The plan was to go out and eat round table pizza. I offered to cook some Tri tip and plans quickly changed. I took a sack of Tri tip out of the freezer earlier this week.
IMG_9187.jpeg

Did a rough trim on them. 5 total per sack. Ended up with 7.5 pounds of fat trimmed

IMG_9190.jpeg
IMG_9191.jpeg

IMG_9194.jpeg
IMG_9196.jpeg

Fired up Big Jake while I was trimming.
IMG_9202.jpeg

Made some ranch beans. Added onion,
IMG_9185.jpeg

Dehydrated jalapeños and chopper Beef Rib meat that I smoked yesterday.
IMG_9203.jpeg

IMG_9184.jpeg

Placed the fat in a pan and in to the smoker along with the beans and Tri tip.
IMG_9197.jpeg

IMG_9205.jpeg

I wrapped them in peach paper for transport. The family loved the food. Definitely a better choice then round table.
IMG_7962.jpeg

Thanks for looking. PS. I didn’t slice the meat in the picture LOL. It was the nieces husband.

Attachments

• IMG_9185.jpeg
    IMG_9185.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 3
Looks like a great meal. Way better than pizza. Looks awesome! Nice job.

May I ask what you do with the trimmed fat? Do you save it & grind it up for binder to make ground beef? Other things?

I'm a newbie so take it easy on me. Lol😆😁😆

Reactions: flatbroke
Looks like a great meal. Way better than pizza. Looks awesome! Nice job.

May I ask what you do with the trimmed fat? Do you save it & grind it up for binder to make ground beef? Other things?

I'm a newbie so take it easy on me. Lol😆😁😆
Thank you. I cooked it down to make tallow. It is in the pan next to the Tri tips. On one of the pics. Sometimes I do weigh and freeze the fat for use later. Some times we use it to season pans or griddles etc.

Thank you. I cooked it down to make tallow. It is in the pan next to the Tri tips. On one of the pics. Sometimes I do weigh and freeze the fat for use later. Some times we use it to season pans or griddles etc.
Thanks. I was curious & wasn't sure how the fat could be used without throwing it away or feeding the dog with it.

I appreciate your time & trouble. Much appreciated.

Reactions: flatbroke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky