Too much SMOKE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinberto

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
 As a person may get carried away with smoking 'everything' how much is too much? A week ago I smoked a turkey breast I put the bird in an aluminum roasting pan to secure the dripping for gravy. The gravy had a very smokey taste as well, no suprise it was smoked with the bird. Sometimes a contrasting taste prevails however. Maybe it would have been better to use the bag of stuff that came with the bird for the gravy giving it a contrast. I fear smoking all that you'll have for a meal may be too much. I typically try to fill the smoker with stuff when I cook, Taking the time to set up a cook I think it ridiculous and wasteful. But I cook primarily meats for dinners through the week. I've never smoked veggies aside ABT's. How many smoke everything for a meal?

Hi there, I think this is completely up to your own personal tastes. I love the smokey favors I get from the smoker and different techniques and woods give different personalities to that flavor. But my wife sometimes wants a "less smokey" flavor.
In those cases you can always wrap in foil and just use the low and slow cooking aspects which can still do decent cooking.

Experiment and find out what you like and go for it!

Happy smoking!
BT.

Hi there, I think this is completely up to your own personal tastes. I love the smokey favors I get from the smoker and different techniques and woods give different personalities to that flavor. But my wife sometimes wants a "less smokey" flavor.
In those cases you can always wrap in foil and just use the low and slow cooking aspects which can still do decent cooking.

Experiment and find out what you like and go for it!

Happy smoking!
BT.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky