This Is Crazy Bhut Jolokia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've got a friend who owns a bar that doesn't have a kitchen. So on Sunday's he makes a big crock pot of chili and he gives it away trying to draw in a few folks. That's his new thing, he finely chops one of those suckers and adds it to the chili. He tells people it's pretty hot before they eat it. But it's funny watching some people's reactions when they get a little piece in there.

Not sure why anyone would want to eat one of those. It seems crazy to me. But then again I'm a wuss when it comes to hot stuff.

I love hot but not at the extent of my tastebuds. Just makes no sense to me

there's another clip on youtube of a woman setting the world record for eating those , but the clip I saw was out of sequence with an article I read in our paper . In the paper it said she first made a paste by smashing the peppers and rubbed the paste in her eyes and then ate 47 in a minute , or something like that . In the video though she is eating the peppers and then rubs the pepper paste in her eyes . I just cringed when I watched the video . I do know that the heat doesn't affect some people as much as others . My cousin has a neighbor that he claims can eat habaneros all day long , the heat just doesn't bother the guy.

In Thailand they have these little suckers about 1/4 - 3/8" long, that are HOT. When I first went to Thailand in 95, we would always gather around for lunch at these little diners similiar to Chris in Singapore. I took a big bite of this ground pork and about s#$%it myself. That was the end of lunch, I couldn't taste anything for the rest of lunch.

After that I watched the Thai's, if they pushed something aside on their plate so did I. I can eat some spicy food, but delibertly eating a hot pepper like that is way out of my league.

Charlie

That guy looked a little "burned up"......lmao
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

The ending was a surprise! Wow, I can understand the pain he must have been in, but wonder why his nose wasn't running like a faucet.

They manufacturers of the XXXXX Hot Sauces use them because it doesn't take as many of them than it does Habanero peppers to make their sauce, thereby cutting their production costs...

That's what I was wondering, even if you like hot stuff unless you are a complete maniac that should have been slapping him around.
Straight habanero peppers are more than plenty hot to eat all by themselves so I'll pass on ever biting a bhut!

I know of 2 people ,a close friend and an aunt that has some Hugarian background that can eat Habeneros like they were Jalepenos.New Mexico State University sells the seeds for those Bhut Jolokia .They also have a no heat Habenero.I really love the no heat Habenero.The plant is almost a bush like specimen and the pepper has that citrus smell and color of the Habenero,excellent flavor with anything and no heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky