Thanksgiving Office Cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theelballew

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Lexington, SC
The boss asked me to cook the meats from our Office's Thanksgiving. I was really excited, but also nervous because I would either be a cooking legend or some guy that just talks a big game.....One turkey was done with the "Lots of Butter" Method and one was Cajun Butter injected with Cajun spice rub. The beef tenderloin was just salt and pepper......Here are the results...

Turkeys in the Brine.....

Prepping that turkey....

Butter compound going on.....

I may have gotten carried away with the flames.....

Setup during daylight....

3 hours in......butter looking good....

Smoked up and BAM!

A look from the front.....

Cajun Butter injected going down....

Looking good.....

Beef tenderloin after 1 hour.....

Beef pulled off at 140F....in the thick part

Slicing time.....

A view of the "Done" end.....

Quit smiling....keep slicing.....

Time for some plating....

Beef looking good.....

Lets get them birds ready.....

Time to break it down....

Smoked bird is plated....

Infra-red cajun bird plated....

We have the meats....

I think that my coworkers liked it.....

This was a really good cooking. The meats were tasty, a little smoke on the beef and Butter Bird.....wasn't even enough left over for a sandwich.

Looks like you will be called on again and again Nice job

Richie

icon14.gif

It looks to me like your going to have a job catering all the office parties!

Nice job!

Everything looks great!

Point!

Al

Nice work,hope they don't make you cook all the time now,unless you want.

Great looking meat !!  My advice to all young employees has always been to become indispensable to their company and they'll succeed.  Guess what ????

That looks like an awesome office lunch! What bird would you say tasted better the lots of butter or cajun butter?

I liked the smoked bird better, but they both were great!  I think the brinning and the butter make all the difference

It's like this. It takes a lot of practice to get this kind of catering perfect. I suggest you come over and practice here. I wouldn't mind and it is the least I can do. No need to thank me.

Points for a great cook!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky