Thanks for the strip idea, @Steve H

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
After seeing Steve's NY strip thread, I pulled a few 1 1/2'' prime Costco strips out of the freezer.
I used the SV for the 4 hrs at 130* with S.P, and smashed four med size coves of Garlic & grated in two tsps of micro plained up almost 2 TBLS of dried black truffle, and two big globs of Kerry gold Irish butter in the silicone sock. I stuck the steaks directly from the freezer, no thawing needed. I clipped the top, then weighted down the meat with a 6x9'' SS rack, than place a salad bowl to keep the steaks weighted down

I then qiuckly seared them over wood coals and a C.I griddle.

They were perfect for us, Heck I could only eat half of it, Carol ate less than me.
So O diced up the leftovers and charred then until the darkened up.Then added water with some cumin and some S&P, then simmered until the water evaporated, which really tenderizes the meat.

Then I made asada, bean, Ortega chills, black olives and melting & a mex tri color cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce. Then made up some jumbo asada burritos on 16'' flour tortillas, after I rolled them I placed them in a C.I. skillet with a little butter to brown the tortillas. Two great meal in two nights due to me drooling over Steve H Steve H ' strip thread, thanks for the great idea Steve.

Pictures to come.
Thanks for reading.
Dan

Attachments

• 20240415_201852.jpg
    20240415_201852.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240415_202919.jpg
    20240415_202919.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240415_204802.jpg
    20240415_204802.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
After seeing Steve's NY strip thread, I pulled a few 1 1/2'' prime Costco strips out of the freezer.
I used the SV for the 4 hrs at 130* with S.P, and smashed four med size coves of Garlic & grated in two tsps of micro plained up almost 2 TBLS of dried black truffle, and two big globs of Kerry gold Irish butter in the silicone sock. I stuck the steaks directly from the freezer, no thawing needed. I clipped the top, then weighted down the meat with a 6x9'' SS rack, than place a salad bowl to keep the steaks weighted down

I then baked up two palm sized Bakers, first I rubbed them down with Avocado oil, I pierced a few holes in them, then stuck in the potato nail to speed thing up. a bit. I thought I had a bacon blue cheese chopped Costco salad in the outside refe, No such luck and my mushrooms were moldy, so they got tossed in the compost bin. I went with the old frozen veggie medley and made up some very sweet tomatoes drizzled with Balsamic vin, and fresh cracked blk pepper.

They were perfect for us, Heck I could only eat half of it, Carol ate less than me.
So O diced up the leftovers and charred then until the darkened up.Then added water with some cumin and some S&P, then simmered until the water evaporated, which really tenderizes the meat.

Then I made asada, bean, Ortega chills, black olives and melting & a mex tri color cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce. Then made up some jumbo asada burritos on 16'' flour tortillas, after I rolled them I placed them in a C.I. skillet with a little butter to brown the tortillas. Two great meal in two nights due to me drooling over Steve H Steve H ' strip thread, thanks for the great idea Steve.

Pictures to come.
Thanks for reading.
Dan
My burrito pics are missing from my phone, they might be on Carol's phone, Ill look later
.thanks for looking .
Dan.

Been a bit since I had a steak. That looks awesome. I also have some of that Melinda's hot sauce. Good stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Been a bit since I had a steak. That looks awesome. I also have some of that Melinda's hot sauce. Good stuff!
That stuff wrecked me, it's way to got for me, it taste great, but man it did a job on my stomach this morning. LOL, I used to love hot stuff, now it tears me up.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks guys, it was a great meal. Im not used to eating that much food anymore, I was completely stuffed.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky