Thank you Radio Shack!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raymo76

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
So I'm right in the middle of cooking my pastrami and a 7lb brisket flat when I go to use my thermometers and they both have dead batteries! So I called target got rude service and was told they "don't sell thermometer batteries" the guy wouldn't even check for the type of battery I told him. Thought to myself to call Radio Shack, the guy was friendly checked and said he had them in stock. So I throw another log in the Lang, dialed it, in and took off. Was gone about twenty mins and all was fine when I got back, the temp didn't change at all.

Thanks for saving my butt Radio Shack!

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Most of the time the drug store is cheaper than Radio Shack - they really like their batteries 

Glad you got your thermos working.

Those Lang smokers are wonderful 
biggrin.gif

Yes they are, my third cook on mine. I'm loving every second of it too. Seems I'm getting better with it too as I'm able to maintain my temp really good and I seem to be going through less wood.

Yep friendly service is the name of the game....Somebody gives me an attitude get ready....no need for it...

Radio Shack prices are outrageous.  Then again, you can find stuff there that might not be on the corner.

Good luck and good smoking.

Radio Shack prices are outrageous.  Then again, you can find stuff there that might not be on the corner.

Good luck and good smoking.

I have to agree, which is why I only shop there when I NEED to hahah.

raymo, evening..... If I great service and customer appreciation from employees, I tend to shop there even if it is a few cents more..... Places that act as if they do not want my money, I accomodate them....

Good customer service is hard to come by these days seems to me.....   Dave

raymo, evening..... If I great service and customer appreciation from employees, I tend to shop there even if it is a few cents more..... Places that act as if they do not want my money, I accomodate them....

Yeah man I usually follow that motto as well. This is the first time I've been to this radio shack, new neighborhood for me. The Radio Shack that was close to me, well, they were kind of rude.

Dave you are 100% right

I certainly can't speak for other Shacks, and you just cannot please everyone, but being brought up in the retail business I've learned one thing and that is customer service is far more important than anything else.  I'm a senior manager for RadioShack (18 years, presently on disability, filing for long term).  As it is a corporation of over 5,000 stores nationwide, we are not allowed to change any prices.  The smaller packs are expensive, but we often run deals on larger packs, or if you buy 4 small packs mix-or-match you get $2.00 off per pack which brings the cost down.  And, you get 15% - 25% off all batteries any time when you use your RadioShack card, even if you turn around and make a payment on the next transaction to pay it off; great reason to have a card!  And all our batteries are expiration dated with a guarantee; if they leak we will replace your appliance, and if any one battery in the package leaks in the package within the code date (usually 4 - 5 years out) we will replace the entire package at no charge (save package and receipt).  I saw once where someone put our batteries in a desk clock, shortly thereafter left for out-of-state for the winter, came back and our batteries had leaked out of the clock and onto an antique $2,000 table.  They replaced both, no hassles.  Customer service is king!

I certainly can't speak for other Shacks, and you just cannot please everyone, but being brought up in the retail business I've learned one thing and that is customer service is far more important than anything else. I couldn't agree more.  Unfortunately in this day and age that is getting to be a thing of the past.   

I'm a senior manager for RadioShack (18 years, presently on disability, filing for long term).  As it is a corporation of over 5,000 stores nationwide, we are not allowed to change any prices.  The smaller packs are expensive, but we often run deals on larger packs, or if you buy 4 small packs mix-or-match you get $2.00 off per pack which brings the cost down.  And, you get 15% - 25% off all batteries any time when you use your RadioShack card, even if you turn around and make a payment on the next transaction to pay it off; great reason to have a card!  And all our batteries are expiration dated with a guarantee; if they leak we will replace your appliance, and if any one battery in the package leaks in the package within the code date (usually 4 - 5 years out) we will replace the entire package at no charge (save package and receipt).  I saw once where someone put our batteries in a desk clock, shortly thereafter left for out-of-state for the winter, came back and our batteries had leaked out of the clock and onto an antique $2,000 table.  They replaced both, no hassles.  Customer service is king!  Wish you was the senior manager for the shack in my town. They don't give a rat's azz about you as a customer. Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. In October I needed some 100 OHM 1/4 watt resistors for a project I was working on. I went to the shack and didn't readily locate them. I asked the guy behind the counter if he had any. He looks up from his cell and says if we do they are over there on the board, and goes back to his cell. No offer to help locate them or even look in back room. 

He is scared of the parts drawers; he should have asked his manager or called a senior manager if his wasn't there or if he was the manager; just to pawn off that customer service opportunity is an embarrassment and you have every right to contact his district manager on it; there is a sign at the counter with an 8XX no. to call for comments or complaints, or call a store to get it.   It's not what you sell, its how you sell it that is important.  Help the customer.  Offer great deals to save them money, time or effort.  If we don't have it, see if you can suggest other local places or websites, but check our website first; many times I'm about to say "no" then I double check and sure enough, we have it, and sometimes even have it in stock and I didn't even know about it.  That is what makes retail sales so exciting is helping the customer; there is no better reward!  Just like on SMF; you are our customers and it is our job as moderators to help you in any way we possibly can!  Thank you for posting!

BTW, yes we do carry that part, it is part no. 271-1311:

[h1]100 ohm 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor pk/5[/h1]
Model:  [h2]271-1311[/h2]  | Catalog #:  271-1311

$1.19$1.19

(2 reviews)

Read 2  Reviews

Write a Review

FIND IT IN-STORE
This item is available at most stores.

BUY ONLINE
In stock

Usually ships in 1 - 2 business days

[h4]Need more help?[/h4]
See technical specifications  
See features of this product

Last edited:
Just a side note... as of yesterday I have been informed I am no longer with RadioShack Corporation, I was officially 'retired' by them as I am receiving long term disability through them and am no longer an employee.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky