Thai Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CB Thanks I am still curious as to how thick,I haven't made Jerky in ages,so I don't want to go to thick.

Richie
I cut mine (with a knife) 3/16" or there about. Ends up super thin once dried out. That's the way my boys like it best. I also like to go thicker too though. I will go 1/2" occasionally. This I don't dry as much and has a softer chew.

I need to make some more. Now that I have the smokers shoveled out maybe I can!

Case have you ever made this with Pork,I just picked up another 3 packs of Tenderloins.How thick would you recommend?

Richie
Sure have it is great! For the pork I cut it 3/16" or so. All eyeball and hand cut. I have 3 hunks of loin waiting to be turned into pork thai jerky.

Are you guys mainly cutting with the grain or against? Also is it the same for pork and beef the cutting direction that is? Thanks I am about to get some pork tenderloins and some beef to give this recipe a shot over the weekend. Thanks for the help

Are you guys mainly cutting with the grain or against? Also is it the same for pork and beef the cutting direction that is? Thanks I am about to get some pork tenderloins and some beef to give this recipe a shot over the weekend. Thanks for the help
I cut mine across the grain. Some prefer with. I prefer across.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky