Store Bought Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
For those of us who don't make sausage I just wanted to throw out a recommendation for the beef smoked sausage and polish sausage that they carry at my local Sam's club. It comes in a twelve pack for just under $12. The brand is a label that says Kielbasa. So far we have had really great results smoking them, grilling them on my gas grill, and roasting them over an open fire at the beach. Nice crunch to the casing and the spices are very good. I hope this helps.

George

Reactions: Suam461
I’m just curious if anyone on here outside of Alabama has tried Conecuh sausage? It is made about 3 miles from my office and if you don’t have any at your cook out down here, you will definitely raise some eyebrows. It is such a big staple here, I was just wondering about its popularity other places.

I used to buy those brats from Sams, funny thing is that is what got me into doing our own. I was buying a few packs are thought that it was a good deal, but i then thought about what i was really buying. Brats are so damn easy to make and paying about about a 4 bucks a pound for seasoned pork butt (of questionable quality) seasoned and stuffed into a casing... well i figured we can do better... and i was right, with everything we are usually around $2 a pound for the finished brats (sometimes less if use pork trim or get the butts on sale) and its a better product.... but if thats not what you are into, then yes they are a pretty good buy.

I’m just curious if anyone on here outside of Alabama has tried Conecuh sausage? It is made about 3 miles from my office and if you don’t have any at your cook out down here, you will definitely raise some eyebrows. It is such a big staple here, I was just wondering about its popularity other places.

I buy it all the time in SC. Great flavor and value. Several different types, all good. Great on the grill or in traditional recipes where you would use Kielbasa.

Reactions: The Butt Man
I know what you're talkin about I saw them in Costco it said made in Texas smoked I said hell yeah. I bought three packs two and a half pounds a peace hot dog size. Brought them to a couple of cook outs for late night after all lightweights left way better than hot dogs. just went to Sam's Club they had them but they were sausage size not as good. And to the butt man yes I have had that too when I was down south very good stuff they don't sell that kind of stuff here. The Hillshire Farm stuff is about the same here and it sucks. Nobody here knows what flavor is. Everything here is dumbed down.

Reactions: The Butt Man
We’ve had it and really enjoy it . Like anything, depends on your taste. Got it a lot in MS. See it plenty in LA now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky