Smoked Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benjaminr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Carbondale, IL
Well since I had no clue where to go with this I figured why not here....

I prefer brick oven pizza, it just gives it a different kind of taste so I figured, I bet smoked pizza cant be to shabby....

These were just plain Jacks store bought frozen pizzas but I do have plans to try home made.

Forgive the only time I have had crappy cell pics

It was a HUGE hit and tasted awesome. My friends and I destroyed it very quick.

As for temp I have no idea I was using my aunts ECB/ old smokey cheap-o thing that only goes from low med high and I cranked it all the way up to high.
It took about two hours to get the middle not so soggy, but they did crisp up. I dont feel as thick crust would work unless you want to wait all day for a pizza though.

Oh and yes I did add an extra rack, I had some boneless pork ribs I was not going to waste to the rill so I had to expand operations while at home for the weekend lol.

Nice job man. I haven't tried a smoked pizza yet. But others on here swear by 'em.

I've got a pizza stone that I was thinking of using as a base for a homemade pizza.

Tghat sounds like a great smoke, and thanks for sharing the W View. You've got my wheels turning...

Now thats first for me smoked pizza. How would have thunk it.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Ha, yeah I know I was on top of it for quite awhile and then had the end few weeks of my summer class so final project and the final, then moving apartments, then going home to help dad on the farm for awhile and taking a brew tour in WI and Chi town. Finally I am starting the fall semester so things will slow down so I can get my smoke on.

Looks great Ben.
My brother loves when I toss him on a pizza whenever I have the smoker going, out of all the ones he has tried (frozen) he liked Tombstone the best and loves to dip it in some ranch dressing mixed with some of my chipotle rub.
I have started putting them on foil whenever they get smoked because the bottom seemed to pick up a bit too much smoke flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky