Smoked maple sausage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

campfire218

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
I searched for quite a while and couldn't find an answer. I've made up a 10 lb batch of country sausage and want to smoke it with maple wood. I also made up a 10 lb batch of maple breakfast sausage. Was wondering if anybody has ever smoked maple sausage?

I prefer Breakfast Sausage pan fried or made into Gravy over Biscuits but there is no reason not smoke your Maple Sausage. Throw a few in during the next cook and see what you got. If you did not add a Nitrite cure to the sausages, Hot Smoke at 225*F until the IT gets to 165 and enjoy...JJ

Thanks, yes I added cure #1

Was just more curious about the flavor. Did a separate smoke last night with just a couple of sausage links. I have bulk breakfast sausage made up for biscuits and gravy.

I cooked up a couple of links for breakfast. Most of the maple flavor is lost in the smoke. Still very good! Going to split the batch, smoke half of it, and leave the other half fresh.

Last edited:
What wood did you use to smoke? Maybe if you used maple wood it would help retain some flavor? I've been wanting to smoke some maple sausage, as well - but think I'm gonna order some maple wood to smoke. Figured I could also smoke a pork belly or two while I've got the smoke shack fired up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky