Smoke & woods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bryant

Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Utah
Has anyone ever soaked your wood chips in liquid smoke to get more smoke or is that just overkill.

Bryant you should search smoking woods on the search bar. Some woods like oak are mellow and some like hickory provide much more smoke and a stronger taste. You will have to experiment with different woods as well as smoke times till you get what you like.

I like bigfish's quote "unholy blood of the devil" lol

Bryant, read these:http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search.php?search=Stickburners

, may help some. and the(1),  article on stickburning-101 below the one I'm sending you , and if you still can't get it , pre-burn your wood and place embers in the smoker. Chips and sawdust (IMHO), when soaked , produce too much white smoke(bad).

Check into an AMNPS if you don't burn sticks or "wood" , Todds little thingy is great for smoking in Elec. or Gas units.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky