Simple Polled Pork, tacos and Samiches

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife was craving some pulled pork this week as desired to have a couple of days of simple meals

1/4” far trimmed cap then 1/2” 45 degree scored
IMG_9216.jpeg

This is my fav finishing sauce…. Apple cider (about 1.5C), apple cider vinegar (couple tbs), chicken broth (about 1.5C), veg base (1tbs) and sugar in the raw (2-3 tbs).
IMG_9217.jpeg

The shoulder got some yellow mustard then a heavy coating of a modified version of Jeff’s rub and then on the RT 1250 at 265 @8am.
IMG_9218.jpeg

It hit a INT of 170 about 6 hours in so I added a bit more of liquids and foil boated it till 203 (@ 4:30)….then rested in the house oven at 145 till din din time…..
IMG_9221.jpeg

Bingo pulled pork tacos….. in a corn and fried cheese shell, cilantro lime rice, a spicy chipotle aioli slaw “, GOs and cilantro leaves….just yum!
IMG_9223.jpeg

Gonna do samiches tonight!

Last edited:
Looks great! The taco shot is amazing! I usually use a chicken stock under my butts for my finishing sauce combined with the pork drippings. I may just have to add some ACV next time.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Great cook and I'd stand in line for those tacos Civil. I remember those commercials and still keep a supply in the cabinet 😆. Might be needed but it would definitely be worth it this time!

Keith

Looks Awesome! Definitely a favorite in our house!
Many thanks redi!
Looks darn good!
This is yankee!!
Nice work and looks delicious Civil. To quote the 1972 AlkaSeltzer add “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing” lol that would be me here.
Thanks and I’m glad it don’t eat the whole thing even though I wanted to!
Looks mighty good!!! I'd be like SmokinEdge SmokinEdge and crying cause I ate way more than I needed.

Jim
Thanks Jim and it’s called the happy cry! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Hey at JLeonard JLeonard and civilsmoker civilsmoker this is what I’m referring to.

How did you get a video of me? Lol. That is a classic!
Here is another one of my favorites by Jim Carrey, wait for it.

You are killing me man!
Looks great! The taco shot is amazing! I usually use a chicken stock under my butts for my finishing sauce combined with the pork drippings. I may just have to add some ACV next time.
Thanks jcam! Oh yes the ACV is a nice add! It really helps cut the richness so you CAN eat the whole thing! lol
Great cook and I'd stand in line for those tacos Civil. I remember those commercials and still keep a supply in the cabinet 😆. Might be needed but it would definitely be worth it this time!

Keith
Thanks and I know all too well!……. There is a slur of WHY……mixed in toooooo!

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinEdge
The wife was craving some pulled pork this week as desired to have a couple of days of simple meals

1/4” far trimmed cap then 1/2” 45 degree scored
View attachment 699671
This is my fav finishing sauce…. Apple cider (about 1.5C), apple cider vinegar (couple tbs), chicken broth (about 1.5C), veg base (1tbs) and sugar in the raw (2-3 tbs).
View attachment 699672
The shoulder got some yellow mustard then a heavy coating of a modified version of Jeff’s rub and then on the RT 1250 at 265 @8am.
View attachment 699673

It hit a INT of 170 about 6 hours in so I added a bit more of liquids and foil boated it till 203 (@ 4:30)….then rested in the house oven at 145 till din din time…..
View attachment 699674
Bingo pulled pork tacos….. in a corn and fried cheese shell, cilantro lime rice, a spicy chipotle aioli slaw “, GOs and cilantro leaves….just yum!
View attachment 699675

Gonna do samiches tonight!
They are great!

They are great!
Thanks DeerM!
Tacos look great, but could do a 3 pk or so of them sliders .😋
Many thanks Winter! Oh the toasted Hawaiian buns..... man yum you get 3 first bits!!!
I'm not sure which one I'd dive into first. It all looks great, man. 👍
I hear has JL and thanks! We had one taco night and two sittings of samichs, one was dinner at the lake after fishing....No pics was too occupied in being relaxed!

Reactions: JLinza
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky