• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ribs and stuff...

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paulr44

Jun 17, 2016
Nice! I have a 14 lbs. pork belly, a beer can chicken and a St. Louis rack of ribs on right now, and you're making me hungry...not a simple feat!

normonster

Meat Mopper
Jun 15, 2017

Nice! I have a 14 lbs. pork belly, a beer can chicken and a St. Louis rack of ribs on right now, and you're making me hungry...not a simple feat!
Right on!

Since there is no proper spot for it, I'll go ahead and dump the Hibachi revival pics here too.

One awesome searing section:

Veggies on early...a bottle with no label...

Extra thermometer put to use!

It is official, Hibachi Grills are awesome. This thing reminds me of trying to sear 3" thick T-Bones on a similar cast-iron Hibachi when I was a kid 30 years ago! Couldn't find one with 100% cast-iron parts like those oldschool ones, but this was close. That burger right there was absolutely wonderful!

Good times!

***don't feel bad for the 18" Weber sulking in the background of the last pic...

Last edited:

paulr44

Jun 17, 2016
I loved my hibachi (1990's), but the grates only would adjust up about 2" so it had it's limitations. Nothing beats it for close-heat searing on cast-iron grates, as you point out.

BTW if yours goes missing...

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Everything looks delicious!

Nicely done!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky