Porter Road Pork Short Ribs / Throwdown Prize

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I was lucky enough to win a Porter Road gift card in the last throwdown. I ordered items I don't see around here. One of those was pork short ribs. I also got some pork briskets and for beef Thors Hammer. Those will all get posts sooner or later. Today I threw several racks of Swaggerty back ribs on that I scored at $0.99 / lbs awhile back. I loaded up on tons. They are usually oddballs and don't make for good pics but they eat good. I decided to do two packs of the short ribs today. Here they are fresh out of the packaging.
1000007065.jpg
Rubbed up with a sugar free root beer rub rub I'm working on. Some of the Swaggerty on the left.
1000007068.jpg
I run the 270 Smoker today at 250F with FOGO lump charcoal and a half dozen nice chunks of cherry wood. I've been a B&B lump guy but the last two bags had a ton of useless fines. Pretty impressed with the FOGO. Ill check later to see how clean it burned and how much is left. Here they are at two hours just before I moved them into a covered pan.
1000007079-01.jpeg
I cooked then covered another 1 1/2 hours. After uncovering they were very tender. I out them back on the racks bare for 10 minutes or so to firm up the rub. After a half hour rest in the Cambro I cut up a couple. Man super tender and very flavorful. I'll be buying these again I'm sure. I need to win again lol. Here is a cut shot of some.
1000007093.jpg
The pics don't do them justice. They were so juicy!! Threw together a 6 lbs batch of my keto creamy coleslaw for a side.
1000007097.jpg
Sharing some with some of the older folks where my brother lives as well as a friend and my neighbor. All in all a good day. With the 270 locked in doing it's thing I was able to knock out all the yardwork too. Thanks for looking and thanks again to SMF and @porterroad for the meat.

Nice job. Them look great!

Lol save me a plate full.
Thanks! hurry on over
Pork short ribs...now there's something I've never seen or heard of, but those look fantastic Jeff. How big are they?
Me either Charles. That was the method to my madness when using th gift card. I ordered things I couldn't get around me. These things are insanely tender and juicy, very meaty and porky. Finished weight they are palm sized.

Wow, if that picture doesn't do them justice, I couldn't even imagine. They look tender as can be in the pic. Nice work and congrats on the throwdown. Well deserved !

Man that looks good. And the slaw has my attention.... can't stop looking at it and thinking how good a big pile would be on my plate with some ribs. Strong work!

Reactions: jcam222
Only one word needed: Perfection
1714741369193.png

You nailed it buddy, and thanks for showcasing your prize. I know the sponsors appreciate it. I only wish more of the winners would.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Wow, if that picture doesn't do them justice, I couldn't even imagine. They look tender as can be in the pic. Nice work and congrats on the throwdown. Well deserved !
Thanks! Super tender for sure

Jeff that looks great as always, and love a big feed of ribs. Nice looking slaw.

But I have to disagree with you the pictures do them justice , and that means even better when actually eating . well done

David
Thanks David. Meant to do a plated shot with slaw and Brussels sprouts but a shower and hunger won lol
Man that looks good. And the slaw has my attention.... can't stop looking at it and thinking how good a big pile would be on my plate with some ribs. Strong work!
Thanks! Love my slaw. Simple recipe but people rave about it. I've posted the recipe in a coleslaw thread

Those looking total awesome Jeff! Well done. This post my get me to fire up the WSM.
Thanks Brian! Yep fire it up.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Only one word needed: Perfection
View attachment 696009

You nailed it buddy, and thanks for showcasing your prize. I know the sponsors appreciate it. I only wish more of the winners would.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. I'd have tagged them too but couldn't figure out their user name. I'll definitely post the pork brisket and Thors Hammer when I do them.

Have mercy! I'm with mr_whipple mr_whipple given a fork I could make a meal on that slaw! And then you throw those great looking ribs in there and it only gets better!

Jim
Thanks Jim. I've had that slaw twice a day since I made it lol. The neighbors ,my buddy and my brother and his friends all got deliveries too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky