Planning to purchase a MES 40 in the next few days

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

corndog

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Southwest Georgia, USA
Hey Y'all,

I am new to the forum...been lurking a while.

Some years ago, I used to turnout some pretty good Q on Brinkmanship Charcoal Bullet that I modded to burn propane. Mostly smoked ribs, chicken, brisket, and my favorite pork shoulder. Life got in the way and I haven't done any smoking in about 6 years.

I'm now ready to jump back in and do some smoking!

I've done a lot of reading and research in the past few weeks, and I'm planning to purchase a MES 40 in the next few days. I think at this point an electric smoker is the way to go for me.

I would appreciate any suggestions on where to find the best prices, whether online or off, and any other advice you more experienced MES owners might offer.

Thanks,

Corndog. :sausage:

Last edited:
I got the one from amazon before the price went up again, I paid $314 for mine, but for $300, I'd go with the sams club version for sure, to me it's not worth the extra money just for the stainless body.

Hello Corndog,

I have the older MES40 from Sam's Club and do not regret the purchase at all. 

I see this is your first post. Would you mind heading over to Roll Call and introducing yourself so we can give you a proper SMF Welcome!

Thanks and good luck.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know.

Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Sam's also sells an inexpensive extended warranty 1 yr $15 and 2 yr $30.  That was the price the last time I checked, might have changed.

Deltadude, Thanks for the heads up! Sam's is where I plan to make my purchase, just cant get there until the weekend since it 40 mile from where I live.

I got mine from Amazon. 349.00 with free shipping and six months free financing if you use Amazon store card. It's all stainless. I seasoned it today for three hours and the set temp was within 6 degrees of actual temp measured with my Maverick therm. Set at 275. High temp 279. Low temp 269.

Sam's and Amazon seem to have the best pricing. Same smoker except the sam's version has a painted body where the Amazon version has a stainless body. $52 price difference. A stainless body is not a gotta have for me, and $52 will buy a lot of ribs to smoke!

Glocksrock, true no tax from Amazon but at $375.00 vs. 299.00 + tax at Sam's it's still abt. $52 cheaper at Sam's. Worth the trip to pick it up, plus I have another errand while in the area.

Thanks y'all!

Corndog

Last edited:
Picked up my MES40 at Sam's Club for $299 + tax right before memorial day. Have smoked plenty of ribs up till now and all have come out delicious!! Also, MasterBuilt upgraded my chip tray to a larger tray free of charge. I sent customer service an email asking about a larger chip tray with my name, mailing address, provided my MES40 model number, serial number and they sent back a reply email with my larger tray on the way. After this great customer service, I am now a big MasterBuilt fan and will continue to buy their products. This is a great choice which you will not regret! 

I'm doin' my, imbarassing white girl, happy dance; I just got back from Sam's where I purchased my MES 40"! Won't get to unpack it until tomorrow, but I'm a patient girl.

You go girl! Have fun with it. It took me longer to unpack and unwrap everything then it did to put it together and get it running.

I went to Gander Mountain today and to my surprise they had Mes 40 all stainless models discounted from $449.00 to $299.00...i always wanted to upgrade my Mes 30 to a 40 inch so in the cart one went. 
icon14.gif
 The surprising part is my wife was the one telling me to pull the trigger...she said i won't find one cheaper...
icon_eek.gif

Last edited:
I went to Gander Mountain today and to my surprise they had Mes 40 all stainless models discounted from $449.00 to $299.00...i always wanted to upgrade my Mes 30 to a 40 inch so in the cart one went. 
icon14.gif
 The surprising part is my wife was the one telling me to pull the trigger...she said i won't find one cheaper...
icon_eek.gif
 Congrats on the new smoker and a wonderful wife!
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky