Pinwheel Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markh024

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Chicagoland
I had a go at fileting out a pork loin and pin wheeling it. Need practice at cutting it out evenly. I stuffed it with sauteed spinach and garlic. Mixed with 5 oz of cream cheese and about 2 oz shredded mozzarella. I wrapped in single bacon strips, covered in some pork bbq rub smoked at 225 for an hour, kicked up to 275 for an hour and then up to 400 for about 15 min at the end. Im using PB competition blend pellets in my Camp Chef STX. The bacon was not quite crispy enough so i placed it in the oven under broiler for about 3 minutes to finish. The end result was DELISH.
20180127_161340.jpg
20180127_150402.jpg

20180127_180954.jpg

20180127_181406.jpg

Enjoy

Had i fileted it out better i could have rolled it tighter resulting in a pinwheel look. It came out more just like a stuffed loin. Looking forward to trying again.
Mark, keep practicing those knife skills and filleting out a pork loin will get easier.
Do note, rolling tighter is not what you want to do.
You want as wide and even fillet as possible, a relatively thick layer of filling and roll it loosely.
Rolling loosely keeps the filling an even thickness, and doesn't force it out of the roll when cooking.
For the best presentation let it cool to an IT of about 115° or less before cutting.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: markh024
Mark, I've yodeled a few loins in the past, but not with that combination. Looks great.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: markh024
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky