Pickled Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My eggs are fresh, most within the past week. Wash clean the eggs.
Put the eggs in your pan, fill with water about 2" above eggs, take eggs out and put the pan on the stove, broil to a full broil then place the fresh room temp eggs into the broiling water, Broil between 12-15 min. Take eggs out and put in a container of ice or cold water for 20 mins. When you take the cold HB egg out turn it over and take the back of your spoon and tap the larger bottom of the egg, it will pop then peel the eggs.

Dont add anything to the water when you start the broil

Joined a group on fb called official pickled egg appreciation society lots of recipes. One I’ve been wanting to try is smoking eggs for couple hours pull them injects with franks and the into the brine
Im in that group, some good recipes.

Reactions: crazzycajun
I just got 4dz fresh local quail eggs.
Time to smoke some quail eggs for pickling.
I just made a $10 donation to their farm for the 4dz.

IMG_8271.JPG

I just got 4dz fresh local quail eggs.
Time to smoke some quail eggs for pickling.

View attachment 693588
I will ravage small villages for pickled quail eggs.

Okay men, it's...
Kill the men, rape the women
and steal the Quail eggs.
Let's get it right this time!

Quail eggs hard broiled.
IMG_8319.JPG

All shelled, only had 4 that I didnt like for the pickling, pup scarfed em up.

My parents had a small chicken farm, when she had eggs that she count get the membrane off she put the shelled eggs back in the hot water and the membranes came right off.
IMG_8320.JPG

Rcked and ready for cold apple smoke. Pickling all the eggs.
IMG_8321.JPG

And some cackle berries.
IMG_8322.JPG

IMG_8323.JPG

This thread had my mouth watering so we pickled a dozen last Sunday and I ordered a jar of McCormick pickling spices to play with and it came in today.

The problem with it there were HUNDREDS of cloves in it and of all the things in the world I did not expect was a couple of hundred cloves... I can't stand cloves!!! :-)

So I painstakingly removed them all and put a coffee filter full of rice closed up in it to absorb some stench and hopefully it will salvage the spices.

This thread had my mouth watering so we pickled a dozen last Sunday and I ordered a jar of McCormick pickling spices to play with and it came in today.

The problem with it there were HUNDREDS of cloves in it and of all the things in the world I did not expect was a couple of hundred cloves... I can't stand cloves!!! :-)

So I painstakingly removed them all and put a coffee filter full of rice closed up in it to absorb some stench and hopefully it will salvage the spices.
I rarely buy any spice mix. I usually have all the ingredients on hand to make my own and avoid the adds of something I don't want in a commercial mix which is mostly salt.
Here's a quick search for pickling spice recipe:

2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 bay leaves, crumbled
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
6 whole cloves

Don't have everything here in FL, but I do in MN.
The other benefit to making your own mix is pan toasting the whole spice ingredients to bring out a richer flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky