Pickle Brine Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Finally gave the pickle brine a shot. Marinaded for 5 hours and seasoned with Jeff's Original. They where tender and juicy. I normally inject and do prefer that but these where good for a change of pace.

IMG_20240628_164929218.jpg

This is how I butter my corn. Butter and salt on piece of bread and use that to butter the corn. My old fishing work buddy said I finally learned something from a Yankee.

IMG_20240628_171400564.jpg

IMG_20240628_171601306.jpg IMG_20240628_171657974.jpg

IMG_20240628_171542270.jpg

Finally gave the pickle brine a shot. Marinaded for 5 hours and seasoned with Jeff's Original. They where tender and juicy. I normally inject and do prefer that but these where good for a change of pace.

View attachment 699568

This is how I butter my corn. Butter and salt on piece of bread and use that to butter the corn. My old fishing work buddy said I finally learned something from a Yankee.

View attachment 699567

View attachment 699565View attachment 699564

View attachment 699566
Now I see why you visited my pickle juice thread! The bird looks delicious!

Looks great, drop a stick of butter in the pot with the corn, have only done it once after reading about it but seemed to work well,

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I think pickle brine is what Chic Fil A does. Nice looking meal.

Yankees need to find the modern day...unless you just want a reason to have a buttered slice of bread with your meal which reminds me of the old days when families would just put a stack of wonder bread on a plate at the table.

They make fancier ones. We have some nice clear plastic versions of these:
1719665823027.jpeg

Also...if you want your mind really blown in to the 19th century:emoji_laughing:

Yankees need to find the modern day...unless you just want a reason to have a buttered slice of bread with your meal which reminds me of the old days when families would just put a stack of wonder bread on a plate at the table.

View attachment 699570

Also...if you want your mind really blown in to the 19th century:emoji_laughing:

Cool! I just ordered some. And I thought I had all the gadgets.

Reactions: chef k-dude
Looks great Brian. Yes I butter my corn the same way with the bread. I try to use the heel or end piece when I have it. I really like those Corn Trays.

View attachment 699568

View attachment 699567

View attachment 699565View attachment 699564

View attachment 699566
might have to track that pickle brine post up. they lok fab. I just do mine on the smoky Joe with
SBR chipotle.

might have to track that pickle brine post up. they lok fab. I just do mine on the smoky Joe with
SBR chipotle.

Now I see why you visited my pickle juice thread! The bird looks delicious!
Thanks Steve.
Nice Brian . Great color on those thighs .
Thanks Rich
Great looking meal!

Jim
Thanks Jim. Its all your fault!
Looks awesome Brian! I know Jake was a huge fan of the pickle brine chicken too.
Thanks Jeff. I remember his post. The Cajun injections will still be my go to or that Butcher.

Gorgeous plate for sure, Brian. Very well done. Yep, pickle juice chicken is def one of my favorites.

View attachment 699570

These things dont stay upright. Guess need to look for ceramic.

IMG_20240630_165728737.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
Sorry for leading you to the dollar store version! This is what we have. Hard to tip them. I even put these on a larger big square plate with whatever else we are eating because I love my recliner!

Attachments

• Corn boat.jpg
    Corn boat.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky