Picked up a Weber 26. Smoked a brisket.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

William89

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
So I bit the bullet and picked up a 26" Weber to add to the cooker collection. What better way to try it out than throw a brisket on it. Picked up choice brisket. after trimming I seasoned with kosher salt, coarse pepper, garlic powder, and a little Cayenne.

Put my charcoal baskets to one side and lit some coals. I was looking to run 325° and it did a very good job of holding it. Wrapped in butcher paper around 170°. Total cook time was about 5.5 hours to get probe tender.
Snapchat-883992048.jpg
Snapchat-78852654.jpg

Final thoughts: I was very impressed with how easy the 26 was to run. Had to add charcoal about 3 hours in but it wasn't too big of a deal. I wouldn't want to run a low n slow 14 hour cook on it by any means. But for a hot and fast cook adding charcoal was a minor inconvenience. This cooker is great for anyone that wants to smoke and grill but doesn't have room for 3 or 4 cookers. So far I am very glad I decided to buy it.

Looks like it was tasty!

I've always had a question about adding charcoal. Do you add it hot, or not? Or does it depend on what you're trying to achieve?

I added the charcoal unlit. Brought the temp down to 300 for a few minutes then it was back up to temp. Not sure if that's the correct way to do it but it seemed to do the trick.

Brisket looks good . I know if I had a 26 " kettle ,,, I would post a picture of it .

Yea haha I got a little side tracked during the cook and never got a picture. Doing some drumsticks tonight, snap a picture then.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky