"Non-stick" items in a smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jefrox01

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2011
I read that some of you have replaced your chip-box for 9x9 pans,I cannot find any pan that is non-stick.that goes for grilling baskets also.Isnt using non-stick in your smoker a bad thing?

I would not use a non-stick pan in my smoker.  You should be able to find a plain metal pan -- try hardware stores or even online, if need be.

Yeah I'm not going use it..I've seen pics of people using grilling baskets for veggies,but those are non-stick also..There made for a grill,so i'm wondering If those are alright

If they are enamel they are ok, but no teflon or anything like that.  Stainless steel is always a good choice.

Good luck and good smoking.

get a small cast iron pan. That will do the trick. and You can order only at Lodge or thru cabela's.

Non-stick will release toxic stuff if heated to a certain temp, not a good idea. I use a stainless grilling basket myself. 

ae44ff2c_smoked.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky