No more Sweet Baby Ray's for me!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sucralose is just as bad as sugar for glycemic reaction which means a no-no for low carb.
I prefer Allulose for general sweetening. It sweetens without a sweet after taste. (I don't know if that makes sense to anyone. Post Covid, I don't like sugar sweet, but some of the non sugar sweeteners are OK.)
Erythritol is good, but it really gives me gas.
I dont know about the glycemic reaction, but it is actually made from sugar somehow. We low carbed to lose weight, neither me or my wife is diabetic. It's the sweetener that's closest to sugar for me and has no calories. I dont eat a lot of any sweetener and dont have a huge sweet tooth, so that's helpful. I can say that we feel weird if we do splurge and eat something very sweet with sugar now that we have stayed away from sugar for years. We do splurge on some holiday baking with real sugar. Cookies, etc. simply dont come out right using anything else.

When I make my ice cream the primary sweetener is Bochasweet, then there is 2 tbls of the sucralose/Erythritol to round it out. Bochasweet is so expensive I only use it for ice cream because for good sugar free ice cream, Bochasweet acts just like sugar and gives the correct texture (with a few other trick ingredients). If you've ever had sugar free ice cream, you probably know most of it is terrible. That's why I make my own. If I could buy a decent one I would...haven't found it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky