No more snow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLinza

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 24, 2021
Colorado
Welp it's May 9th and I'm getting hit with this stuff again...

20240509_200708.jpg

Yes indeed, just ready for some warm weather & it's not in the Forcast yet. Lol

Reactions: SmokinEdge
70 and sunny here next week. It will spread like alight switch, soon we will be complaining about the heat, lol, or we will be. I’m 6450’. Not sure where your at.

Reactions: JLeonard and JLinza
70 and sunny here next week. It will spread like alight switch, soon we will be complaining about the heat, lol, or we will be. I’m 6450’. Not sure where your at.
You're exactly right, it won't be long and I'll be whining about how hot it is lol 😆 We're at about 7100 ft here. So snow in May isn't that far out of the ordinary.

You're exactly right, it won't be long and I'll be whining about how hot it is lol 😆 We're at about 7100 ft here. So snow in May isn't that far out of the ordinary.
Enjoy it while it lasts, you could easy still be cold smoking. Who knows maybe we will have a “normal” summer and not break out of the low 90’s. Not holding my breath.

Reactions: JLinza
We aren't getting snow in Ohio but I did have to unpack some fall / winter stuff since it's back to 40s in the evening

Moisture is needed to fill some reservoirs back up.
Went to Colorado Elk hunting once many yrs ago, the altitude just about killed me while we were setting up camp. Doesn't help that I have slight anxiety, but did get use to it a few hrs later.
( unsuccessful on the Elk )

I miss Colorado. I don't miss snow, just Colorado. I'm due another trip to the San Juan's soon. I hope to get there in August.

If I hit the lottery I'd buy a summer place there so fast.

95º here today, triple digits forecast by Sunday. Pool season opened last week, tank tops and flip-flops for the next five months. Shoulder replacement surgery next week, looks like no pool for me until July. RAY
Good luck next week Ray, hoping everything pans out for you. Have a couple friends had it done and they are doing fine with replacement.

Welp this one darn near shut down our hospital and our power was out for about 12 hours. These spring storms can jack some stuff up.

• Sad
Reactions: indaswamp
That sucks, its always the last storm that sets the mood. But May should be warmer.

It was nice here for a few days off and on . But down to 3 - 4 Degs. " C " at night.
Was working yesterday down near thew waterfront in town and had 3 layers of cloths on for part of the day.

In a couple weeks it is coming up to a year ago for our big Wild Fires , and there are warnings as not a lot of rain to wet the ground,

Don't you just love to hate Mother Nature.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky